Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or YouTube.
We’re looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor – Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
This role will be responsible for providing excellent paralegal services and support to the legal department and other team members. This will require producing high-quality work product and demonstrating the core behaviors and the skills associated with the paralegal role. You will be required to carry out assigned responsibilities with exceptional professionalism, reliability, responsiveness, confidentiality, judgment and attention to detail.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide support to the Global Litigation and Labor & Employment team by:
- Creating and managing administrative maintenance of matters in Legal Tracker.
- Creating and managing administrative maintenance of legal holds in Exterro.
- Working with domestic and international law firms and other legal suppliers to manage the invoicing process, including completing routing requests to set up suppliers as vendors in ERP system and reviewing, coding, approving invoices for payment.
- Working with the Company’s legal teams, operational groups, and product lines to help defend and prosecute legal claims.
- Gathering and reviewing responsive information and responding to document subpoenas.
- Assisting in responding to demand letters and claims made by third parties.
- Researching legal issues.
- Preparing expense reports, booking travel, and performing other general administrative tasks.
- Working closely with the Risk Management team on insured matters.
- Providing support to Intellectual Property matters for the Company as needed.
- Gathering and organizing documents for the various legal matters.
- Coordinating with the Company’s registered agent and the EEOC regarding service of process and legal filings.
- Submitting check request and wire request forms when necessary.
- Ensuring compliance with the Company’s record retention policy.
- Must timely respond to requests from both within and outside the Company, and must exhibit professional communication style.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Performing various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills; general computer skills, including experience with the Microsoft Office suite of programs; multi-tasking and prioritization ability; strong organizational skills; ability to work with all levels of personnel and professionals.
- College degree and specialization in the legal area or paralegal certification with minimum of 5 years’ experience.
- Knowledge of Thomson Reuters Legal Tracker.
- Knowledge of foreign languages.