Summary of Position:
The Leasing Manager provides leadership, direction, and mentoring to the Leasing Professionals at the community. In collaboration with the Community Manager, they provide strategic direction for the leasing team to accomplish leasing goals as stated in the approved business plan and marketing plans. They ensure the leasing team is performing up to expectations as it relates to customer service.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the sales/leasing team is focused and highly productive in an effort to meet and exceed the leasing goals as set forth in the business plan.
- Recognize the learning and training gaps for the leasing team and provide motivation to ensure they are getting the training and education needed to build skills and succeed in their role.
- Responsible for leasing, touring, sales calls, weekly reporting, and weekend update reporting.
- Provide a support system for the leasing team, and a method for daily accountability of leasing activity.
- Accountable for the completion of weekly and monthly market surveys.
- Coordinate and implement all community outreach marketing and locator visits.
- Ensure the leasing team has the proper materials and supplies needed for successful lease ups.
- Review Resident Voice survey results, and other metrics in order to provide feedback to the leasing staff.
- Confirm leasing staff is converting at least 40% of all phone inquiries and is closing at least 25% of all walk-in traffic.
- Oversee the training of the leasing team, in particular the required training courses mandated by the Company.
- Follow established policies and procedures by monitoring and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and operational processes related to areas of responsibility and report violations or infractions to appropriate individuals.
- Practice proper safety techniques in accordance with LMC, community and departmental policies, procedures, and standards by immediately reporting any mechanical or electrical equipment malfunctions, associates/guest/resident injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to appropriate individuals.
- Identify areas for improvement and offer suggestions and recommendations to improve efficiency and productivity.
- Keep abreast of current changes in technology, processes, and standards within the industry and areas of responsibility by attending internal and external training classes, research and/or subscribing to the internet or other professional publications or utilize other appropriate methods to obtain business and professional information.
- Keep sensitive information highly confidential at all times.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business is preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience in property management that demonstrates sales, marketing, internet and customer service background sufficient to resolve customer complaints.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively to comprehend and complete legal documents, sell and explain apartment features, and answer questions regarding residency.
- Proficiency in executing sales skills, such as generating sales leads, conducting sales presentations, qualifying prospects, and closing.
- Familiar with computerized financial and word processing software.
- Demonstrated mathematical and analysis skills necessary to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers, decimals, and fractions, and calculate percentages in order to complete, understand and interpret financial records, budgets, and other fiscal reporting information.
- Proficiency and fluency in using the internet for marketing, advertising, and sales-related circumstances, including using Craig’s List, Google and other search engines, and navigating the internet and websites.
This is a position which requires the Leasing Manager to frequently walk, stand and climb stairs in/around apartment homes, models and properties. Must also have the ability to operate computer. equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary.