*Principle Lead Pipe Designer*
What's next for you? This great job! Kelly is seeking an experienced *Principal Lead Pipe Designer* for our polymer manufacturing client in Baytown, TX. The ideal will have a 4-year degree with 8 years’ experience, or an Associate’s degree plus 10 years’ experience, or a HS Diploma plus 14 years previous experience as well as expertise in Plant Layout Design, modeling and review in S3D Suite, 2D design tools including Microstation and ACAD, and in design reviews (e.g. 3D model review, SPR etc). Requires extensive Experience in maintenance/ Turnaround /upgrade and other Brown field projects as well as Greenfield jobs. This a 12-month contract position with potential for extension.
*** MUST BE ABLE TO WORK AS AN EMPLOYEE (ON W-2 BASIS) *** NO C2C, 1099, etc. ***
* *Location: On site, Baytown, TX. *
* *Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM*
* *Pay: Commensurate with Experience*
*In this role you will: *
* Lead or coordinate project planning, resourcing, staffing, progress reporting, people management and troubleshooting to ensure the timely workforce support of ongoing engineering projects
* Set the project standards to ensure project results meet requirements regarding technical quality, reliability, schedule and cost effectiveness
* Establish multi-discipline workflow to ensure cross communication (interface management) within piping team and within project sub-team incl. internal and external discipline (Infrastructure, by meetings, face to face, emails, set up roles and responsibility matrix)
* Distribute piping related inputs to support project team with piping know-how
* Define & manage the design battery limits & interfaces of 3rd Parties (Piping design subcontractors/consultants; Piping contractors/vendors; EPC(M) contractor’s Piping design team) to exchange piping know how following the role and responsibility matrix
* Prepare documentation for Piping (basic, detail, interface, final, e.g., in EPDS 1-99 Project File Structure) to ensure the delivery package fully compliance
* Define Piping related workflows and guidelines, instruct technical personnel in view of legal obligation and company policy to ensure complete and consistent piping design package
* Lead & coordinate discipline model reviews to meet business requirements across all discipline
* Support expediting for all Piping critical items (Eng. documents, technical goods) to ensure quality and quantity of piping technical goods to execute project
* Support preparation and execution of commissioning and start-up activities for project to meet start-up requirements
• University degree with major in Mechanical / Chemical Engineering or another appropriate scientific discipline with minimum 8 years of progressive related experience or equivalent qualifications OR 14 years of relevant work experience with high school diploma or OR 10 years with an Associate degree
• Substantial work experience in chemical/ Oil/Gas, Petrochemical or pharmaceutical industry, EPC or Owner engineering teams
• Expert in Plant Layout Design
• Expert in modeling and review in S3D Suite
• Expert in 2D design tools including Microstation and ACAD
• Expertise in design reviews (e.g. 3D model review, SPR etc)
• Extensive Experience in maintenance/ Turnaround /upgrade and other Brown field projects as well as Greenfield jobs required.
• Project experience: Lead Designer role or Principal Piping Designer role in $5 million+ projects
As a Kelly employee, you’ll have access to world-class perks, including:
* Kelly-sponsored Affordable Care Act health care coverage available to eligible employees
* *Group insurance options
* Service bonus plan
* Holiday pay plan
* Weekly electronic pay options
* Online training campus that provides more than 3,000 free courses to help improve and develop skills
* Exclusive online employee community
* Employee assistance program available at no cost
* Corporate discounts
* Transportation Spending Accounts
*Offered and administered by Leslie & Associates. These plans are not sponsored by Kelly Services.
*Important information: This position is recruited by a remote, national, Kelly office, NOT your local Kelly branch. Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we’re here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of [benefits](https://www.mykelly.us/us-mykelly/perks/)?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.