Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
GHD has an exciting opportunity for a Lead Petrophysicist to be based in our Houston, TX office.
Responsibilities of the position will be but are not limited to:
- Advanced Special Core Analysis (SCAL)
- Irreducible water saturation determination
- Advanced reservoir characterization: flow units/frac/kh
- Ultimate residual CO2 saturation determination
- Assisting with Existing Client Relationships and further Business Development within existing client network
- Assist in planning and implementation responsibilities in order to accomplish the objectives as the project manager and maintaining utilization and development of others who work with them
- Oversight of third party lab contractors
- Coordinate multiple projects and interface with clients, government agencies and other GHD offices
- Maintaining utilization and development of others who work with them
- Maintain a strong understanding of technical discipline and government regulations.
- Continue to expand your relationship with the regulatory personnel and key subcontractors
The Ideal candidate will have experience with:
- Miscible gas projects, EOR
- Demonstration/Pilot implementation and design, working with new and deploying monitoring technologies (integration into well design)
- Supporting 4D studies/data acquired
- Geo-mechanical understanding of rock physics under elevated stress conditions
- Experienced with multiple wells, old data. TECOP feasibility and Field Development Planning
- Develops and mentor’s senior leadership and/or rising talent within the Future Energy Business.
- Actively participates in professional and/or industrial organizations to promote the GHD brand
- B.S. (M.S. or PhD desirable) Geoscience or Engineering professional
- Minimum 10+ years of oil & gas / CCUS subsurface experience (prefer E&P operator experience),
- Technically sound in Petrophysics and Petroleum Engineering.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and collaborate across business lines.
- Good oral and written skills
- Willingness to tackle additional responsibilities from time to time and a team player.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.