SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a Lead Medical Technologist to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Lead Medical Technologist
Shift: Full Time Days
HCA Houston Healthcare Medical Center is a 444-bed acute care hospital in the heart of Houston’s museum district. Established in 1975, the hospital has been serving Houston for more than 40 years. It provides a wide range of medical services, including cardiology, bariatrics, orthopedics, neurology, emergency care and more.
The hospital is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
What you will do in this role:
- Under the supervision of the Laboratory Director and Laboratory Manager, responsible and held accountable for all activities related to laboratory services, either in their department or during their prescribed shift.
- Requires no supervision for processing specimens, performing testing, or reporting results. No review of patient results is required prior to reporting.
- Responsible for performing routine, complex or specialized bacteriological, hematological, chemical, immunological, serological and immunoassay procedures on body fluids, and does so with accuracy. Is competent to work in all departments of the laboratory.
- Performs related quality control and CAP required proficiency testing according to policy and procedure. Identifies and assists with opportunities for performance improvement activities on the unit and with other service areas.
- Mandatory compliance with National Patient Safety goals, especially related to patient identification.
- Fulfills the duty and responsibility to maintain competence and continue personal and professional growth.
- Ensures compliance with policies, procedures and record keeping necessary for meeting standards of accreditation by JCAHO and CAP.
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by taking ownership of time management, decreasing waste (of time and supplies) and promoting cost effectiveness while maintaining patient safety and quality of care. To actively market services to increase volume and awareness.
- Demonstrates organizational ability with time and personnel.
- Demonstrates the ability to be an advocate for and strive to protect the health, safety and rights of the patient.
- Interactions with patients and colleagues demonstrate compassion and respect for the inherent dignity, worth, and uniqueness of every individual, unrestricted by considerations of social or economic status or cultural beliefs.
- Communicate effectively with other care providers (physicians, nurses, business office, and medical records) to provide for continuity of patient care and to meet the needs of the customers we serve.
- Demonstrates ability to fulfill requirements of attendance, punctuality, and timekeeping practices.
- Behaviors and interactions demonstrate a positive attitude, personal initiative and motivation to achieve the goals of the unit.
- To uphold the standards of the profession and organization and practice ethically and with integrity.
What qualifications you will need:
- Degreed Medical Technologist/Technician, MT/ASCP, MLT/ASCP or other certification recognized by CLIA, CAP and JCAHO.
- MT/ASCP, MLT/ASCP or other certification recognized by Laboratory Certification Agencies.
- Five continuous years of generalist experience in a clinical laboratory setting.
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.