Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you’re looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
As the Lead Engineer of Solutions Engineering, you’ll use engineering and consulting skills to deliver proposal management, project delivery and engineering/consulting process management. You will find opportunities through rigorous data collection and analysis, crafting marketable solutions for our operations and identifying, proposing, and delivering key initiatives that improve XPO’s Less-than-truckload operations (LTL). On our team, you’ll have the support to excel at work, and the resources to build a growing career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Handle projects to completion and ensure savings commitments are met
- Develop and standardize a beneficial approach to LTL operations challenges, employing research, innovation, and prior experience
- Perform research, data mining and simulations to identify and scope opportunities within the LTL network
- Define LTL requirements and solutions approach while ensuring the gathering of accurate information and performing detailed solution design
- Identify gaps in existing LTL network data availability; develop measurement plan, execute collection activities, and ensure data integrity
- Identify, select, and deploy use of optimization/decision support tools to perform LTL operations studies, packaging and material flow analyses, routing optimization and transportation rate analyses
- Build and integrate operations cost models to quantify total cost of ownership opportunities and subsequent savings
- Instruct team in Lean methodologies; deliver verifiable productivity via Lean methodology
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- 4 years of experience in key functional areas: supply chain management, logistics, decision support systems/technology, transportation management, distribution or procurement functional responsibilities
- Experience data mining and generating simulations in Microsoft BI, Access and Excel to identify and scope opportunities within the customer’s supply chain
- Lean manufacturing experience
It’d be great if you also have:
- Master’s degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, or Industrial Engineering
- Strong project management skills
- Aptitude for understanding and solving problems in logistics finance management processes
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art technology and supply chain standard methodologies
- Lean six sigma experience
- Experience collecting and analyzing data for modeling, network optimization and/or transportation redesign purposes
Be part of something big.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills for this job classification.
Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.