S. Davis Law Group, PLLC
If you are a current law school student or a recent law school graduate and have superb research and writing skills, we want to hear from you. Our law firm is looking for the next law clerk to help our attorneys shine. You will work closely with senior and junior attorneys, paralegals, and other law clerks in preparing legal memoranda, which will confirm or deny the citations in an attorney's legal brief in an effort to prepare for trial. You will also have the opportunity to prepare subpoenas and motions, docket deadlines, and learn about filing requirements for both circuit and federal courts. Job seekers should be detail-oriented and have a strong commitment to ethics. If this sounds like you, reach out to us today!
- Keep files organized to make sure the most recent information is accurate and deadlines and docketed properly
- Prepare the initial drafts of various documents, such as pleadings, motions, briefs, discovery requests/responses
- Write legal memoranda specifying results of research in order to assist in determining the best course of action for court proceedings
- Conduct legal research to confirm cited legal authority for judges and attorneys
- Consult with legal experts, converse with clients, and interview witnesses to prepare for trial
- Should have great attention to detail and a strong work ethic
- Candidates must have great writing skills and communication skills to be able to argue effectively
- Recent law school graduate or current law school student with an undergraduate degree
- Take or have already successfully passed the state bar exam
- Minimum one year of experience working in the legal industry
- Ability to utilize and/or learning tools such as Clio, Google Workspace, and other computer-based systems
$15 - $20 hourly
About S. Davis Law Group, PLLC
Founded in 2014, The S. Davis Law Group has been providing both individual and business owners with valuable and innovative legal strategy. Our award winning lawyers will advocate for clients ideal results with a proven strategic approach. Whether clients are negotiating a large real estate transaction, requesting a customized contract, or creating a strategic legal plan for company growth, our firm has a track record of stellar results.