APPLICATION ACCEPTED FROM: ALL PERSONS INTERESTED
DIVISION: GREENSPACE MANAGEMENT DIVISION
SECTION: GROUNDS MAINTENANCE
WORK LOCATION: VARIOUS
WORKDAYS & HOURS: VARIOUS
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The Houston Parks and Recreation Department is dedicated to building a sustainable community and enhancing the quality of urban life by providing safe well-maintained parks and offering affordable programming for our community. To achieve this mission, HPARD is seeking Laborers to join its Greenspace Management team.
The potential candidate will play a key role in the following duties:
- Maintain park grounds by picking up litter and debris.
- Perform basic cleaning of park facilities and monitors supplies in restrooms.
- Report problems or safety hazards.
- May operate small lawn and garden power tools such as: backpack blowers, string trimmers, and stick edgers.
- Perform additional duties as required.
- Candidates will be responsible for their own safety shoes.
There are routine exposures to moderate heat, cold, moisture/wetness and unpleasant air condition. The position may involve routine exposure to soiled materials and light chemical substances such as cleaning solutions.