To be considered for this position you must be fully Bilingual in English & Spanish
Due to COVID-19 this position is primarily remote. On occasion office work may be required for mailings and printing.
The Junior Accountant position within GBS Group is an integral part of our company. Junior Accountant’s get to work with experienced Senior Accountants and Consultants to understand our clients business.
Junior Accountants have the opportunity as they gain experience to take on larger more complex assignments and move up to Senior Accountants & Client Manager positions.
Junior Accountants in the first year will rotate through various areas within our Start-up, Financial & Tax Advisory practices. Junior Accountants must be willing to learn consistently in a fast paced environment.
Junior Accountants will be responsible for:
- Maintains financial records for companies by analyzing balance sheets and general ledger accounts.
- Reconciles bank accounts by gathering and balancing information.
- Provides financial status information by preparing special reports and completing special projects.
- Corrects errors by posting adjusting journal entries.
- Maintains general ledger accounts by reconciling accounts receivable and payable; adjusting entries for amortizations; analyzing and reconciling retained earnings; preparing fixed asset depreciation and accruals.
- Maintains accounting controls by following policies and procedures; complying with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements.
Junior Accountants must have great attention to detail, communication, and organization skills. Ability to work in a fast paced and high volume work environments is required. Must be comfortable reading, writing, and speaking to clients about accounting matters in both English and Spanish.
Occasional extended business hours may be required when necessary.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting – and 1-year experience or 3.0 GPA.
- Intermediate Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Basic Knowledge of QuickBooks
- Fully Bilingual in English & Spanish
- 1+ years experience working in a CPA or Bookkeeping firm
- Experience filing Sales, Payroll, and Tangible Taxes
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience processing payroll
- Intermediate Knowledge of QuickBooks
- Experience working with Creative Solutions Suite (UltraTax CS and Practice CS)
- Interest in perusing CPA or Enroll Agent certification
See compensation on above on mobile or on the right sidebar on desktop.
This position is eligible for Full-Time Benefits:
- 50% Company Paid Health Insurance (Employee Only)
- Up to 4% Match on 401(k) Contributions
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance up to 1x Annual Salary
- Eligible for Company Bonus plan
About GBS Group
At GBS Group we help entrepreneurs and executives create opportunities by building better businesses. We accomplish our mission by providing integrated business solutions to small and medium businesses. GBS Group has 4 main areas of expertise:
- Start-up Services
- Financial & Tax Advisory
- Business Consulting
- Human Capital Management
At GBS Group, our diverse team of multi-disciplinary consultants partner with our clients to ensure that they are accomplishing their business goals.
GBS Group prides itself in providing high-quality services through a culture of empathy, understanding, and integrity with our clients. Our clients’ success is our success.
GBS Group has offices in Miramar, FL; and Houston, TX.