Do you want to grow with us? At DXP we are passionate about what we do and driven to be the best solution for our industrial customers. Since 1908 DXP has been dedicated to the highest quality of customer service through our expertise of the products we distribute and the technical services we perform with a sense of individual pride and company spirit. Throughout your career with DXP, we will encourage and empower you to take an active role in identifying and driving your development, so you feel total confidence in your ability to achieve ongoing success. We aspire to be the best solution for the Industrial customers' needs for MROP products and services through our Innovative Pumping Solutions, Metal Working, Supply Chain Services and Service Centers.
Option to Work Remote or a Hybrid Schedule!
Responsibilities of the IT Network Engineering Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for all aspects of the planning, engineering, implementation, and support of the local area networks
- (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs) across the organization to ensure the stability of all voice, data, video, and wireless network services.
- Mentor team members with latest trends and best practices in network technologies.
- Set goals and objectives for direct reports to align with the overall department and business goals.
- Develop and manage relationships with vendors in support of meeting and exceeding contractual obligations.
- Establish and implement 'best-practice' standards as well as departmental policies and procedures.
- Manage multiple high priority initiatives in a fast paced highly technical environment
- Work cooperatively with other senior engineering resources to maintain and revise technical standards and documentation as part of a unified strategy.
- Responsible for troubleshooting issues and issue management throughout the network environment, serving as senior technical support for members of the team and peer organizations.
- Responsible for identifying problem areas in a proactive way and developing solutions to meet the challenges in the converged network environment.
- Responsible for ensuring the security of the network working with the security architecture team to ensure the highest standards of security are obtained.
- Perform cost benefits analysis of network solutions as they apply to business objectives
- Guide product selection, proof of concepts, and implementation of network solutions which meet customer and future business requirements
- Develop proper capacity plans to ensure appropriate bandwidth, latency, and availability.
- Maintain standards and best practices for network toolset environments with a focus on Fault Management and Capacity/Performance Monitoring tools.
#DXPE #LI - JJ
Qualifications of the IT Network Engineering Manager include, but are not limited to:
- In-depth experience with selection, design, implementation and support of enterprise network systems and diagnostic tools in on prem datacenter and Azure
- Detailed Knowledge of complex network concepts including routing protocols, spanning tree, VLAN design,
- WLAN technologies, WAN Optimization, packet analysis and inspection, and application performance troubleshooting.
- Detailed knowledge of Cisco switching platforms including working knowledge of the Cisco Nexus platform.
- Experience with Software-Defined Wide-Area-Network (SDWAN)
- Experience with Palo Alto Next Generation firewalls
- Experience with security intrusion detection and risk management
- Knowledge and experience with TCP/IP, HSRP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, SNMP, MPLS, Multicast, QoS, WCCP, and IPSEC
- Knowledge of load balancing platforms including F5, Brocade and Citrix Netscaler
- Knowledge of wireless infrastructure utilizing Cisco and Ubiquiti UniFi.
- Strong understanding of telephony systems, VOIP, SIP, H.323, and Unified Communications.
- Knowledge of Disaster Recovery technologies and best practices.
- Solid understanding of server platforms and how they interact with the network in a high availability configuration.
- At least 3 years of managing a large scale, geographically dispersed, network infrastructure team.
- 10+ years of IT and business/industry work experience.
- 10+ years of experience with network technologies.
- 10+ years of experience with LAN, WAN, MAN and WLAN design and implementation
- 10+ years of experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices.
- CCNP, CCDP, CCIE or equivalent certifications strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred
- Strong leader with a desire to educate and develop talent within the team.
- Solid process skills with an understanding of change control processes and managing critical production environments.
- Strong written and verbal language skills.
- Strong inter-personal, analytical thinking, and presentation skills
Working Conditions: Option to work a remote or hybrid schedule, company gym, and a great team!
DXP is always looking for individuals who want to join a team of employees who have the desire to achieve remarkable accomplishments together. The culture of the organization is supportive and goal oriented with high expectations, yet it is an environment where the team spirit inspires everyone to do their best. All DXP employees play a vital part in the organization and are treated with respect. By applying to DXP, you will have the opportunity to speak with some of the most respected professionals in the industry.
DXP offers a comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending, 401(k), paid holidays, Life and Disability Insurance, and additional supplemental products. EOE/M/F/D/V