IT Information Management Advisor
The IT Information Management Advisor manages one or more operational IM projects, delegated by the IM Manager. Acts as first point of contact for the respective business on Information Management and confidently advises the business on how to use the full capabilities of Information Management solutions. Provides assistance to educate individuals and teams on IM compliance requirements. Liaises with the business and developers internally and externally to deliver Information Management solutions. Compares market standard solutions with in-house developed or legacy solutions and provides limited consultation to the business. Work activities and advice have influence on a wider set of processes and disciplines. Active in helping design fit-for-purpose Information Management solutions and having responsibility for elements of the delivery of those solutions. Complies with IM standards, manual, data privacy and other IM-related laws and regulations within their respective business and active in coaching others to comply. Responsible for identifying opportunities to deliver value to the business through both the implementation of Information Management solutions and the harvesting of existing Information Management assets, enabling the achievements of business strategy, value drivers and KPIs. Ensures that business Information requirements (as dictated by business processes) are fulfilled. Works under broad guidance and supervision by Manager / Team Lead for complex activities.
This role is based in Houston, Texas.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• BA required with Physical records experiences based in the US to cover US/EU time zone.
• BA will be required to assess legacy backup tapes that contain old application data.
• Develop an approach to access the data, develop an approach to assess data and agree with Legal, carry out the assessment, action results of the assessment (e.g. what can be disposed of and what needs to be retained) and agree with legal BA will also work alongside the central team to assess new Market Standard tooling to replace existing tactical SharePoint tool.
• Collaborate and partner with ILM (erstwhile GRM) to assess new Market standard tooling to replace existing tactical SharePoint tool IMBA will be required to assess legacy backup tapes which contain old application data
• Develop an approach to access the data, carry out the assessment, action results of the assessment (e.g. what can be disposed of and what needs to be retained) and agree with legal Consolidate and migrate the physical record inventory into the new Market Standard tool, which will have been selected in 2022. Collaborate with business and communicate changes in Physical records Management tooling and processes coming out of this project
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• BA with experience in the Physical Records Management space in the US.
• Experience in IM domain especially in Physical Records Management space DS experience preferable.
Soft Skills & Experience
• Ability to communicate effectively and clearly, and make a distinction between a high-level overview & details. Understanding of the needs of non-technical internal clients.
• Strong collaboration and communication skills.
• Ability to align internal activities and capabilities the business requires.
• Self-starter who can drive initiatives and is a team player.
• Proven track record of building strong stakeholder relationships at different organizational levels
• The preferred candidates will demonstrate behaviors aligned with our values
• Confident and able to work in a high-ambiguity work environment
• Excellent oral and written presentation skills
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
- Business Analysis
- Records Management