Energy Transfer is seeking a skilled Software Engineer to step into a developer role. You will be a critical member of our team responsible for the development and support of a variety of Angular single page applications (SPAs) running on a multi-tier, Spring back end. You will participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle which includes estimating, technical design, implementation, documentation, testing, and support.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participate in the technical planning & requirements gathering phases including estimate, develop, test, and manage projects
- Motivated team player with the ability to demonstrate leadership skills.
- Excellent soft skills including communication, problem-solving and customer service.
- Able to troubleshoot complex system issues.
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Translate user requirements into technical specifications.
- Train and mentor junior level developers.
Requirements: Education and/or experience, knowledge, skills & abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements for this position are listed below:
- Knowledgeable in TypeScript, Asynchronous request handling, Cross-Browser compatibility.
- 2-5 years of experience in Spring-related technologies: Spring Boot, Spring MVC, and Spring Integration.
- Web Services – Experience and understanding of RESTful API architecture for creating web services, including frameworks using Spring Boot
- Database – Hands-on experience with ORM frameworks like Hibernate/JPA.
- Must be highly proficient with SQL and SQL Server Stored Procedures.
- 5+ Combined years of experience in software development lifecycle.
- Should be able to set standards, define templates etc. to promote reusability and establish standards.
- Experience utilizing source control management using Git or SVN.
- BS in Computer Science, Math or other related subject or equivalent qualification.
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills.
Languages and Technologies
- Java 8+, JDBC, JPA, Groovy experience a plus.
- Angular 5+ or equivalent React experience with a desire to learn Angular
- Spring Boot/Spring MVC
- Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL
- ORM: JPA, Hibernate
- Testing Tools: JUnit, TestNG
- Understanding of Material Design
Required experience is commensurate with the selected job level:
- The Specialist/Analyst level requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and 2-5 years of relevant job related experience
- The Senior Specialist/Analyst level requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and 5-8 years of relevant job related experience
- The Lead Specialist/Analyst level requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and 8+ years of relevant job related experience
Working Conditions: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Usually, normal office working conditions.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time due to prolonged periods of sitting or standing.
- Occasional overnight travel may be required. Primarily for training purposes where remote sessions can't be delivered. We work with various groups in IT and many of our business users are located at our San Antonio or Houston office locations.