Gunda Corporation, an Ardurra Company, has been recognized as one of the fastest growing firms in the architecture, engineering, and environmental consulting industry. Gunda Corporation, an Ardurra Company, prides itself on its reputation as an emerging leader in the engineering consulting business, and we understand that our reputation is wholly founded on the strength of the professionals that work hard every single day to serve our clients and our communities. Gunda Corporation, an Ardurra Company, was ranked 190 in ENR's 2021 Top 500 Firms and has made Zweig Group's prestigious Hot Firms and Best Firms to Work For lists in 2019, 2020 and 2021!
Gunda Corporation, an Ardurra Company, is seeking an Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Project Manager join our staff in Houston, TX.
Serve as a Project Manager for complex and diverse Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) projects.
- Effectively executes and coordinates work of engineering teams/task leaders for Intelligent Transportation Systems assignments, electrical design, illumination design, systems engineering, signal design, signing and pavement markings, quantities, estimates, specifications, general notes, QA/QC, traffic control, operational analysis, and construction phase services for private and public agency clients
- Utilizes strong oral and written communication skills to interact with employees, clients, customers, officials, contractors, and others
- Manages moderate to complex projects or programs with varied scope
- Maintains current general knowledge regarding new methods and developments for projects and recommends new practices or changes in emphasis for programs
- Represents the organization and maintains liaison with individuals and related organizations
- Effectively leads meetings and presents information
- Mentors and develops project team technical and support members
- Manages assigned project(s) for successful delivery to clients by coordinating and implementing project planning, risk management, schedule development, budget development, establishment and implementation of project controls, client communications, and managing change
- Plans, schedules, and/or coordinates the preparation of documents or activities for multiple projects
- Tracks overall financial performance of project/task assignment, which includes coordinating with management and operations to monitor performance of each project assigned
- Collaborates with Leadership and the Business Development Department to lead technical responses to the Request for Qualifications and assist in business development opportunities
- Participates in client/public meetings and presentations
- Manages project staff of engineers, technicians, planners and sub-consultants as required and assigned for the project(s) to achieve successful results for the client
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited program or related field. (Advance Degree desirable.)
- 10+ years; thorough knowledge of current principles and practices of engineering as related to ITS
- Professional Engineer licensure in Texas is required or ability to obtain via reciprocity within six (6) months. Specialty Certifications such as PTOE, PMP are desirable
- Certification or ability to certify for work categories in TxDOT work categories of Group 7 is required
- Engagement in life-long learning to maintain knowledge of contemporary issues
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required
- Must be able to visually observe and differentiate details and colors of objects, recognize sound, tone and pitch; adjust to interruption and changes; work in hot, cold, and noisy work areas; stand, walk and sit for extended periods; climb stairs and ladders; deal with people in tense situations, and lift up to twenty (20) pounds
- Must have State Driver's License and carry applicable State mandated auto insurance
- Must have dependable transportation to attend meetings or to make field visits on a short notice
- Must be willing and available to work all shifts, including rotation, weekends and holidays
While Gunda Corporation, an Ardurra Company, offers competitive compensation and rich benefits programs, it is our culture that truly sets us apart from our peers. We nurture a family-like culture, striving to create a work environment that is enjoyable, challenging and rewarding but also fun. We are acutely focused on developing our staff, whether through our internal Ardurra Academy or through our industry-leading Leadership program. We have made a deliberate and focused commitment to nurture a people-centric culture where people are: valued as individuals; supported in their professional and career development with multiple, varied career paths; provided the tools and resources to be successful, engaged, and satisfied in their work; and positive benefits, time-off programs, and flexibility to help maintain a healthy balance between work and home.
Gunda Corporation, an Ardurra Company, is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Gunda Corporation, an Ardurra Company, does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Agency Agreement, Ardurra will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. If a resume or candidate is submitted to any hiring manager without a previously signed agreement, Ardurra reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. These candidates will be considered property of Ardurra. We're not currently looking to add any more agencies to our list of approved vendors, so please do not contact any of our managers or recruitment team with sales calls or details of your candidates.
Requisition ID # A000841