Pay: $75,000 - $93,000
- Partners with leadership to align HR strategy to business strategy.
- Educates managers and employees on company policies, procedures, and benefit plans and ensures their consistent application.
- Serves as a liaison between field operations and corporate human resources.
- Promotes use of the “Speak Up” program in the field.
- Partners with employees and management to maintain a positive work environment.
- Coordinates employee disciplinary actions/suspensions/terminations for the region with the regional manager and corporate human resources.
- Plans and schedules visits to all facilities in region on a quarterly basis and conducts employee meetings as appropriate.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with HR peers to develop solutions, programs, and policies.
- Provides day-to-day coaching to leadership on a variety of actions to including employee relations issues, policy interpretation and application, and talent management and development.
- Actively participates in recruitment campaigns, job fair, college relations programs, general networking, etc. to ensure a robust candidate pipeline
- Provide input to leadership to develop succession plans.
- Mediate and resolve employee relations issues; conduct thorough and objective investigations when necessary.
- Ensure regulatory compliance with legal requirements pertinent to the day-to-day management of employees in collaboration with HR.
- Leads and/or supports annual HR cycle deliverables to include performance management; merit and bonus awards; benefits enrollment; etc.
- Evaluates issues, patterns, and trends to provide proactive insights for HR solution and program designs i.e. training to address certain needs.
- Provide HR data analysis and reporting solutions based on business needs
- Integrate and partner with colleagues in the Recruiting, Learning & Development, and HR teams to implement solutions and help scale the business
- Forms strong relationships with managers to understand the staffing needs and support in each business unit.
- Identify training needs and assist the Learning and Development function in aligning training programs with business objectives
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 5+ years in Human Resources or employee relations required.
- Valid driver’s license and insurance required.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally.
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities in a changing environment.
- Detail oriented and strongly committed to achieving excellence.
- Exemplary ethics and integrity to maintain confidential information.
- Success in fast-paced environments working independently and on a team.
- Strong business acumen.
- High sense of urgency, customer-service driven, and team player mentality.
- Proficient in Windows based office software including but not limited to Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
- Majority of time will be spent in an office environment.
- After hours and weekend work may be required.
- 50% travel required.
Commitment to Responsible Care®: Highway Transport’s Quality Driven Delivery Management System policy has been developed by the company’s senior management and serves as a visible commitment to ensuring the health and safety of our employees and contractors, protecting the environment, and minimizing the impact of our operations on the roadways which we travel and the areas where we manage terminal facilities. Highway Transport shall comply with its Safety, Health, Environmental and Security Policy and Programs, Department of Transportation Regulations, applicable OSHA and EPA/State environmental regulations and applicable local regulations. Highway Transport Logistics, Inc. is committed to the American Chemistry Council’s Responsible Care® program and maintaining a Responsible Care® Management System partnership.
It's rewarding to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE and have a passion for what they do.
Since 1948, Highway Transport has been a chemical tanker trucking company with a reputation rooted in family and tradition. What makes Highway Transport a choice employer? We hire top talent in the industry to join our team and invest in resources to support career advancement. Highway Transport offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including Paid Time off, Medical, Dental, Vision, Company-paid Life Insurance and a 401(K).
Highway Transport does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.