Expect more than a job!
Our values are the heartbeat of our organization and we live, breathe and play by them every day. Join our team as a HR Manager and experience the satisfaction of being part of a unique culture. As a Percepta team member, you can expect
- Culture of Service - to be treated like you are the customer from day one
- Teamwork – belonging to a supportive family team environment that encourages growth, fosters trust and open communication and acknowledges value in your contributions
- Respect – a team that is accountable, dependable and gives you their full attention
- Proactive – to surround yourself with solution-oriented people who strive to improve themselves, others and the organization
- Career Growth - lots of learning opportunities for aspiring minds
- Diversity - be a part of our growing diverse and community-minded organization that is all about having fun
- Competitive compensation - we take care of family, which is why we offer more than just competitive wages and great benefits. Our programs include incentives and promote physical, mental, and financial wellness.
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for the planning, development, implementation and administration of Percepta’s onboarding process, employee development, employee relations, and retention initiatives. This position is responsible for strategy development in conjunction with the HR Director and an HR SME for the site, providing strategic direction to all functional areas as it relates to people and the HR function. Ensures that the company and leadership follow and comply with all company policies and procedures and ensures litigation is mediated as best as possible. The Human Resources Manager may be responsible for multiple sites and HR Services programs.
Staff and Department Management
- Direct and manage a team of Human Resource staff responsible for, personnel file maintenance, employee relations, and attrition mitigation activities.
- Interview, select, and train employees for the department.
- Follow the compensation program to determine pay rates and annual merit increases based on performance results.
- Direct and evaluate performance through the performance evaluation process, one-on-ones, corrective actions, etc.
- Plan, direct and distribute workload to department members.
- Make decisions regarding types of merchandise, materials, supplies, or equipment used.
- Recommend changes in status (promotion, demotion, transfer, etc.).
- Administer disciplinary actions as required.
- Assist in developing the annual HR budget and manage expenses accordingly.
Human Resources Management
- Collaborate with managers and team leaders to spread human resources competencies throughout the organization.
- Clearly understand and communicate the organization’s mission and values.
- Manages the functional areas of Onboarding, Employee Relations, Workers Compensation and Leave Administration, and Employee Retention.
- Partner with HR Director to direct the development, implementation, and maintenance of employment law policies and programs including I-9 and Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure compliance.
- Responsible for leadership training on HR related topics such as harassment, employee relations, policies and changes, FMLA, etc.
- Implements programs as developed and directed by the HR Director.
- Monitors and identifies employee engagement in Percepta. Recommends potential solutions including enhancements, changes, rewards, recognition, communications, etc. Champion for Employee Surveys and Focus Group analysis to gather voice of the employee for satisfaction measurements and improvements.
- Develops, recommends and implements personnel policies and procedures at site level in conjunction with regional policies for best alignment.
- Ensures compliance with all state and federal regulations as related to Human Resources.
- Role may include participation in SOW process, maintaining client relationships, program launches and transitions, along with Limited Serve responsibilities.
- Manages all employment legal issues.
- Works on special projects, as requested.
Work Environment and Personnel Development
- Work on improving own skills.
- Support and sustain a positive work environment that fosters team performance through own work and behavior.
- Provide and facilitate development opportunities for staff members.
- Support site communications efforts.
- Work on activities and/or projects as requested by the HR Director.
- BS/BA degree required, preferably in Human Resource Management or related area.
- 7-10 years of strong HR Generalist experience
- 5 years proven experience in an HR Management role
- 5 years’ experience with emphasis on employee relations and development
- 5 years’ experience in coaching employees and managing through complex, difficult and emotional issues
- 5 years’ experience in employment law, EEO, FMLA, ADA, and WC
- Organization, counseling and negotiating skills
- Initiative and follow-up skills
- Objectivity, good judgment, and ability to make decisions
- Ability to handle difficult employees / situations
- Leadership, negotiation and team building skills
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong oral, written, influential communication and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational, time management and problem-solving skills
- Works well independently and in a team environment
- Must be able to interact effectively with all internal departments and Percepta representatives
- Ability to work well with all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Intermediate user in MS Excel and Word applications
- Must be able to maintain the strictest confidentiality.
- Must be able to interact with vendors and customers and represent Percepta professionally with all outside organizations.
- Ability to travel as needed
Percepta requires all employees hired in the United States to successfully pass a background check and depending on location and client program a drug test, as a condition of employment. Percepta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.