Come join Total Airport Services and watch your career take off!
Are you looking for a unique and rewarding opportunity while working in the aviation industry? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, exciting environment? Do you enjoy working with people? Do you possess a strong understanding of all Human Resources functions? If so, you would be perfect for our Human Resources Generalist position!
Successful Human Resources Generalists will be able to:
- Works closely with senior HR management in supporting designated geographic regions.
- Assists supervisors and managers with coaching and counseling employees.
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all organization personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains the employee handbook and the policies and procedures manual.
- Files EEO-1 report annually; and maintains other records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors career-pathing program; and writes and places advertisements. Work with local colleges, community centers and employment agencies to find qualified employees.
- Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
- Approves employees with Leave of Absence requests and paperwork processing
- Research employee complaints and works with appropriate parties to reach resolution
- Assists Director Human Resources with approvals for rate changes, terminations, disciplinary actions
- Works with Director Safety and Training to manage Workers’ Compensation claims
- Ensures compliance with current TAS policies and regulations as well as federal, state, and local employment and benefit laws and regulations.
- Complete special projects by clarifying project objective; setting timetables and schedules; conducting research; developing and organizing information; fulfilling transactions.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Other duties as assigned.
What Do You Need?
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Administration, Human Resources, Psychology, or a related field.
- Certified Human Resources Professional (PHR or SPHR) desirable.
- At least three (3) years relevant experience.
- ADP Payroll systems experience preferred.
- Experience objectively coaching employees and management through complex, difficult, and emotional issues.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of employees in the organization including senior leaders.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, problem-solving, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Be a minimum of 18 years old.
- Be able to pass a background check and drug screen.
- Eligibility to obtain necessary credentials and clearances.
- To be punctual and commit to your assigned schedule.
Why Join Our Team?
- Paid Time Off and Sick Leave
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Benefits
- Career development and training from our dedicated leadership team
The sky is the limit for our TAS Team!
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job description in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive considerations for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, place of birth, age, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable in accordance with federal, state, and local laws.