At NRG, we’re bringing the power of energy to people and organizations by putting customers at the center of everything we do. We generate electricity and provide energy solutions and natural gas to millions of customers through our diverse portfolio of retail brands. A Fortune 500 company, operating in the United States and Canada, NRG delivers innovative solutions while advocating for competitive energy markets and customer choice, working towards a sustainable energy future. More information is available at www.nrg.com. Connect with NRG on Facebook, LinkedIn and follow us on Twitter @nrgenergy.
The Human Resource Generalist will support NRG’s Services Business and the Airtron team. This position provides HR support to management and employees in the following areas: HR Policy & Benefits, compensation, employee relations, workforce planning and retention, recruiting sourcing, coordination, and onboarding, as well as subject matter expertise relative to administrative, transactional processes, and data integrity.
This position will partner with other HR team members supporting NRG’s Services Business and will report to the Director, Human Resources.
- Build effective relationships with leaders, managers and employees and provide seamless HR support.
- Serve as an advocate and business partner by providing coaching and guidance to management and employees regarding policies, procedures and programs.
- Facilitate and improve the recruiting process by providing assistance with job descriptions, compensation analysis, approvals, and onboarding.
- Support NRG commission administration to include award agreements, non-solicit/non-compete agreements, committee documentation, audit and integrity of employee data
- Coordinate and support leave management
- Act as liaison for learning, development, and training resources
- Provide positive customer service by responding to employee and manager on HR- related questions.
- Provide reference to HR policies and procedures.
- Promote employee self-service with available systems and procedures.
- Identify opportunities, take initiative and formulate/develop policies and services to improve the effectiveness of current HR/business processes and practices and make recommendations to business leadership.
- Manage and implement special projects as assigned; Support and bring value to the HR team by participating in cross-departmental projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline, preferred but not required.
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification is preferred.
- 3 plus years of HR experience in a generalist / specialist function in a fast-paced, dynamic organization is required. Could substitute multi-discipline NRG experience for part or all of HR experience.
- 1-2 years of recent experience analyzing and resolving employee issues, providing advice and counseling to managers and supervisors.
- 1-2 years of recent experience supporting customer relations or sales teams from a human resources standpoint.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Experience working with HR record software preferred.
- Experience working in a large utilities or energy company is desirable.
- Overall solid Outlook office skills to include Excel, Word, Powerpoint
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Broad and in-depth understanding of employment law and company policies and procedures
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to solve problems for clients or research options/recommendations.
- Exhibition of high ethical standards consistent with NRG’s POWER values
- Ability to set priorities and to respond to changing demands from multiple sources on short notice
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and strong attention to detail with a focus on data quality.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member; strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- Ability to work with all levels of the Company, from front-line employees to senior leadership. Demonstrated ability to influence others.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy
- Hybrid work schedule 1-2 days per week in the office
- Ability to adapt work schedule to business and department demands.
- Ability to work in an open office environment (sitting, walking, standing meetings, typing).
- Ability to work in a fast paced, ever changing environment
- Limited travel (10%)
NRG Energy is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. To the extent permitted by law and any applicable collective bargaining agreement, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing. EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability
EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.
Official description on file with Human Resources