Human Resources Director
The Human Resources Director serves as a resource for management and an employee champion. This individual will assess and anticipate HR-related needs and formulate partnerships across the organization to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization, meets the needs to the people, and builds on the culture.
The Human Resources Director is responsible for the overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of human resources policies, programs, and practices within the assigned facility/facilities. The HR Director is the human resource professional at the facility level and will serve as the face of human resources at the facility level and in the community. The HR Director is primarily accountable for planning, organizing, developing, implementing, coordinating and managing various complex human resource interventions to assist their assigned facility/facilities in the achievement of its goals. Duties include diversified assignments in the areas of benefits, compensation, employment, employee development, employee relations, federal and state employment regulations, hiring, firing, and other disciplinary matters, and other related activities. The HR Director will regularly exercise independent judgment and discretion relative to overseeing the entirety of the human resources functions in their assigned facility/facilities. The HR Director will be called upon to make all significant human resource decisions within the facility, or provide direct recommendations to the facility CEO and/or corporate HR in conjunction with those determinations. This is an exempt position.
This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. PAM reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
• Overall responsibility for all HR functions on facility level, including but not limited to administration of policies, handling of employee complaints and concerns, and serving as the link between employees and management, and between the facility and corporate office of PAM on all matters related to human resources at the facility level.
• Overall responsibility for implementation and enforcement of company-wide employment and human resource policies at facility level, and providing facility level education regarding all compliance and legal issues related to human resources, with escalation to the corporate office as appropriate.
• Responsibility for employee benefits at the facility level, as appropriate, in conjunction with the Corporate Benefits Manager.
• Overall responsibility for development and implementation of strategic recruiting plans and retention plans, within budget, at the facility level.
• As applicable, plans, directs, supervises and coordinates work activities of subordinates and staff relating to employment, compensation, labor relations and employee relations.
• Participates in professional organization conferences, college and university job fairs, and career days as necessary to maintain PAM image.
Compensation and Benefits
• Assists Corporate Benefits Manager as applicable with enrollment, termination and adjustment of employee benefits at facility level. Primary responsibility to provide guidance to employees on issues of eligibility, enrollment, and plan descriptions.
• Maintain employee wellness program; provide educational workshops and training for employee on safety and wellness. Attend continuing education regarding employee safety, wellness, diversity and appropriate programs as necessary.
Recruitment and Training
• Recruits, interviews and recommends applicants for open positions.
• Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
• Provides current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, and opportunities for promotion and employee benefits.
• Analyzes training needs to design employee development.
• Primary responsibility to collaborate with managers regarding personnel requisitions.
• Plans, organizes, directs, controls or coordinates the personnel or training activities of their assigned facility.
Performance Appraisal and Records
• Plan, monitor and implement employee performance appraisal on a set schedule. Train managers on appraisal system, and coach employees accordingly. Resolve grievances regarding employee appraisals; provide counseling to employees and supervisors as needed and appropriate.
• Maintains paper and electronic records and compiles statistical reports concerning personnel-related data such as hires, transfers, performance appraisals, and absenteeism rates.
• Oversee the maintenance, completion, and communication of personnel records as required by law including local governing bodies.
Investigations, Hearings, Discipline and Legal Requirements
• Advises CEO and other matters on organizational policy matters such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment, and recommends needed changes to corporate office.
• Makes decisions regarding the discipline and termination of employees and provides guidance and recommendations to the CEO relative to discipline and termination of front line employees. Provides recommendation to the CEO and corporate HR relative to discipline and termination of facility leadership.
• Conducts exit interviews to identify reasons for employee separation, analyze results and report trends to corporate office.
• Direct investigations of reports of misconduct, arrests, or illegal activities of employees.
• Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations that affect human resource function, insuring PAM is in compliance with all applicable legal requirements.
• Supervise EEOC and OCR regulations and complaints, respond to employee disputes and grievances, represent the company at unemployment hearings.
• Inclusiveness: Promotes cooperation, fairness and equity; shows respect for people and their differences; works to understand perspectives of others; demonstrates empathy; brings out the best in others and in his/her team.
• Managing Staff: Coaches, evaluates, develops, and inspires staff. Sets expectations. Recognizes achievements. Effectively manages conflict. Aligns department goals with company goals. Provides feedback, group leadership. Delegates appropriately. Evaluations completed on time.
• Stewardship and Resource Management: Demonstrates accountability and sound judgment in managing company resources. Appropriate understanding of confidentiality and company values. Adheres to and supports company policies, procedures and safety guidelines.
• Problem-Solving: Identifies problems, involves others in seeking solutions. Conducts appropriate analysis. Searches for best solutions. Effectively and efficiently implements appropriate response to correct problem. Responds promptly and effectively to new challenges.
• Decision-Making: Makes clear, consistent decisions. Acts with integrity in all decisions. Distinguishes relevant from irrelevant information. Makes timely, appropriate decisions.
• Strategic Planning and Organizing: Understands company vision and aligns priorities accordingly. Measures outcomes. Uses feedback to redirect as required. Evaluates alternatives. Appropriately organizes complex issues to desirable resolution.
• Communication: Connects with peers, subordinate employees and all customers. Actively listens. Clearly and effectively shares information. Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills. Negotiates effectively.
• Quality Improvement: Strives for efficient, effective, high-quality performance in self and the department. Delivers timely and accurate results. Resilient when responding to matters that are challenging. Takes initiative to make improvements.
• Leadership: Motivates others. Accepts responsibility. Maintains high morale in department. Develops trust and credibility. Expects honest and ethical behavior of self and staff.
• Teamwork: Encourages cooperation and collaboration. Builds effective teams. Works in partnership with others. Is flexible. Responsive to the needs of others.
• Development: Maintains up-to-date skills through involvement with professional organizations or continuing education.
• Maintains the highest level of customer service via courtesy, compassion and positive communication.
• Promotes the Mission and Vision of Post Acute Medical within the work environment and the community.
• Respects dignity and confidentiality by adherence to all applicable policies and procedures.
Health and Safety
• Works in a manner that promotes safety; wears clothing appropriate to the performance of the job.
• Participates in OSHA required training.
• Follows universal precautions as appropriate for position; complies with Employee Health requirements for continued employment.
• Reports unsafe practices to management.
• Knows own role in case of an emergency.
Education and Training: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field preferred. Extensive related HR experience may be accepted in lieu of degree.
Experience: Three to five years related experience with progressive responsibilities within the human resource function required. Healthcare experience preferred. PHR or SPHR Certification or equivalent preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of compensation and benefits practices and statutes.
• Knowledge of applicable labor laws.
• Ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information.
• Effective communication skills.
• Must be detail-oriented.
• Must be able to organize and prioritize tasks and projects.
• Flexibility required to deal with changing priorities.
• Ability to communicate with all levels of personnel.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Ability to remain calm in stressful situations and work with frequent interruptions.
• Ability to comprehend and analyze complex employee relation issues.
• Coaching, counseling, conflict management, consulting and influencing skills.
• Demonstrable experience with employee relations required.
• Ability to work independently and maintain accountability for work.
• Must have excellent computer skills to include word processing and spreadsheets.
• Ability to provide leadership and direction within his/her duties.
• Must be able to maintain acceptable attendance and adhere to scheduled work hours.
PAM Health is committed to being the most trusted source for post-acute services in every community it serves by utilizing experienced and dedicated staff to provide high quality patient care and customer service. With over 44 Long Term Acute Care and Rehabilitation hospitals and 16 Outpatient Clinics currently in operation across the country, we are proud to offer services including comprehensive wound care, aquatic therapy, ventilator weaning, amputation treatment, pain management and much more.
Joining our PAMily allows you to work in a collaborative environment with colleagues and leadership with exposure to a variety of patient care levels. Aside from our competitive pay, generous paid benefit time, and excellent insurance options, you will also have opportunities for professional growth through our Education Advancement Program.
We are excited to learn more about you and hope that you consider joining us on a shared mission to improve the lives of others by being an integral part of our We Care Program. Please take a moment to visit us online at www.postacutemedical.com for a comprehensive look at how we're able to positively impact our local communities.
PAM Health does not discriminate and does not permit discrimination, including, without limitation, bullying, abuse or harassment, on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or HIV status, or based on association with another person on account of that person's actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or HIV status.