Local Unit & Position Description
Are you a \u2018natural' coaching other and sought out by peers and leaders who value your insights and problem-solving skills?
Do you partner with leaders on professional and organizational change by keeping them focused and accountable to their commitments?
Do you thrive in an environment with emphasis on team collaboration and global partnership?
If so, you will enjoy this opportunity to meet some amazing people and better enable managers, at all levels of the organization, to motivate, inspire and drive higher performance through their teams and organizations.
DNV – Energy Systems is seeking a dynamic and experienced HR Business Partner for North America, reporting directly to the Regional People Manager. Working alongside other seasoned HR, QHSE experts, the HR Business Partner will be responsible for developing and implementing various projects providing strategic support on core HR initiatives such as Leadership and Talent Development, Competence Assessment and Development, Performance Management, Succession and Workforce planning and Culture Assessment and Development. The HR Business Partner will also provide front line support to an assigned business line(s), aligning business objectives between employees and management, all to fulfill the company's overarching purpose to safeguard life, property, and the environment.
This position will preferably be based in one of the following DNV Energy office locations: Chalfont, PA; Katy, TX; Medford, MA, Oakland, CA, Oak Brook, IL. Quebec, Canada or Toronto, Canada. Other DNV office locations, and/ or remote (home) office locations within the continental United States and Canada, may be considered.
What You'll Do
Provide strategic support to the various business lines within DNV – Energy North America on core HR initiatives, such as:
- Leadership and Talent Development; Competence Assessment and Development; High Performance & Commercial Mindset
- Performance Management, Succession and Workforce planning (provide coaching and counseling to managers on performance process/goals setting/continued feedback, succession, and retention plans, etc.)
- Culture Assessment and Development (identify trends and implement initiatives geared toward improving the company culture)
- Support the delivery of ad-hoc HR projects in conjunction with the business area and RHRM
- Assist in facilitating business change initiatives (e.g. policies, transfers, reorganizations and restructures)
- Participate in training needs analysis with managers, coordinate, deliver, evaluate and monitor training programs
- Cultivate strong relationships with DNV Global HR community
- Maintain good knowledge of US and Canada legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees; partner with internal Legal and/or Employee Relations departments to assist managers addressing compliance issues.
- Analyze HR data trends/metrics and inform business decisions on policies, programs, etc.
- Serve as the interface between business lines and global shared services teams to facilitate day-to-day business interactions and ensure that targeted solutions are being presented and implemented
- Serve as a change agent, influencer, thought leader key enable and champion of our commitment to foster a workplace culture and environment that is inclusive, diverse, and equitable to provide optimal experiences to our employees and customers
- Work to embed DE&I best practices, across DNV including working with the Recruiting and Learning team
- May be involved in Quality and/or QHSE initiatives, committees and reporting, as required
What is Required
- Bachelor's Degree in human resources, business, communication, or experience in lieu of education
- Master's Degree will be highly regarded
- Minimum of 7 years of experience as an HR Generalist is required; 5 years of experience supporting Canada as an HR Generalist preferred
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion experience preferred
- Previous experience in project management is required, and more specifically in the implementation of innovative and successful HR initiatives/solutions
- Professional proficiency in English (written and spoken) is required
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook is required (familiarity with Power BI and/or Microsoft Teams is an asset)
- Previous experience with large-scale Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) is required
- A certification as a Human Resources Professional is preferred
- Ability to influence, handle difficult situations and develop trusted relationships with employees at all levels
- Strong strategic and analytical skills with ability to solve complex problems
- Ability to develop and deliver effective presentations and trainings to large audiences
- Ability to work independently in a time sensitive environment
- Occasional domestic and international travel
- Able to sit for long periods of time; this is a desk job
- Repetitive tasks, typing, sitting, and interacting with computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) most of the day
- We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
How We Do It
We Care, We Dare, We Share
Our mission is to safeguard life, property, and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package. We value diversity, equity and inclusion and want you to bring your whole self to work each day. Read more here:
Diversity at DNV
Meet our Employees
Careers in DNV
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see:
As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, DNV provides a reasonable range of compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only, the range of starting pay for this role is $90,000 - $130,000 per year.
Please visit our website at www.dnv.com
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise, we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world's leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement, and support all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system.