ASC operates the on-mountain restaurants and the four mountains in the Aspen Snowmass area - Snowmass, Aspen Mountain, Aspen Highlands and Buttermilk - as well as the Five Star, Five Diamond property The Little Nell, the Limelight Hotel properties which operate in Aspen, Ketchum Idaho and Snowmass. ASC also operates the rental & retail stores of Four Mountain Sports as well as D&E and the Award-winning Ski & Snowboard Schools of Aspen Snowmass.
The Host / Hostess is responsible for welcoming guests on arrival to the restaurant, seating and presenting clean menus to them in a friendly, professional and timely manner.
Essential Job Functions
• Ensure that all guests are greeted in a timely manner
• Communicate with guests regarding wait times, ensuring that everyone feels accommodated and listened to
• Manage the seating chart to ensure tables are allocated fairly between servers
• Assist restaurant employees with clearing and resetting tables as needed
• Ensure bar area tables are clean and condiments are stocked, cleaned and refilled as needed
• Knowledgeable of restaurant drinks menu and food items and other products offered
• Assist with restaurant side work as needed to prepare for service
• Must display basic knowledge of food preparation techniques and food allergies
• Answer phone calls to communicate wait times, reservations, collect payment and be able to answer basic resort questions for guests
• Participate in daily cleaning operations for the restaurant, which can include checking bathrooms are clean, mopping, sweeping, vacuuming
• Able to assist as a restaurant server, food runner or busser if needed
• Snow removal as required by specific restaurant, which may include moving deck furniture
• Other duties as assigned
• Must be 16 years of age or older
• Ability to communicate and follow oral or written directions in English is required
• High School graduate preferred
• Prior guest service experience is preferred
• Previous experience with computer programs such as Microsoft Office or POS systems preferred
• TIPS Certification preferred
• Ability to ski or ride at an intermediate level is required for employees of ski in/ski out restaurants in winter
Supervision Given and Received:
Supervision Given: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Supervision Received: Works under direct supervision of the Restaurant Manager. Tasks are assigned according to specific procedures, and work is checked frequently. Instruction, advice and assistance are readily available.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Ability to reach, crouch, kneel, stand, walk or be on your feet for extended periods of time
Regularly work in wet, hot and humid conditions for extended periods of time and may be required to walk on slippery and uneven surfaces
Must be able to frequently lift, push or pull up to 50 lbs. individually or with assistance (weight limits can vary according to position, but no more than 50)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Aspen Skiing Company / The Little Nell / Limelight Hotel is an equal opportunity employer.
For an overview of Aspen Skiing Company's benefits and other compensation visit aspensnowmass.com/jobs/benefits