If you are located in the Waltham, MA, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.SM
The Healthcare Services Coordinator is responsible for collaborating with the members interdisciplinary care team to facilitate care coordination and conduct comprehensive member assessments that include bio - psychosocial, functional and behavioral health needs and develop an individualized care plan (ICP) to address member needs identified through the assessment process.
If you are located in the Waltham, MA area, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
We offer 12 weeks of paid training. The hours during training will be 8:00am to 4:30pm Monday-Friday. Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Multi - task, inbound / outbound phone calls to members and / or physicians
- Complete assessments and documentation within a CER system
- Provide benefit explanation
- Health care knowledge surrounding disease management, community resources, durable medical / consumable products
- Provide care coordination telephonically; completing assessments and documentation within a clinical system while multi - tasking other applications gathering information to support member's needs
- Telephonic case management and some administrative responsibilities for the clinical department related to member care
- Moderate work experience within own function
- Some work is completed without established procedures
- Basic tasks are completed without review by others
- Supervision / guidance is required for higher level tasks
- Role assists in coordinating health services and does not write care plans
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of experience working in a Case Management or a telephonic Healthcare environment
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook (send emails and set folders) and Microsoft Excel (update spreadsheets)
- Experience with Medical Terminology, Benefits Management, Claims, and / or Healthcare Insurance
- Ability to work Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
- Ability to travel 10%
- Must be within a commutable distance of Waltham, MA
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Strong typing, writing and grammar skills
- Very fast paced environment with 10+ people, team player, goal focused, must be self - motivated, take initiative and willing to learn in a fast environment
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. At this time, 90% of our non - clinical workforce transitioned to a work at home (remote) status. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us. You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities at: https://www.unitedhealthgroup.com/newsroom/addressing-covid.html
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in healthcare here. We serve the healthcare needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as Cardiovascular Disease, Diabetes, HIV / AIDS and High - risk Pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes - based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive Healthcare, Community, and Government partners to heal healthcare and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: healthcare services coordinator, Waltham, MA, case management, patient advocate, healthcare, work at home, work from home, WAH, WFH, remote, telecommute, hiring immediately, #rpo