Applications accepted from: ALL PERSONS INTERESTED
Job Classification: GRADUATE ARCHITECT
Division: DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION
Section: MINOR PROJECTS- IN HOUSE DESIGN- VERTICAL CONSTRUCTION
Location: 900 Bagby*
Workdays & Hours: M- F, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.*
*Subject to Change
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The General Services Department (GSD) is seeking a Graduate Architect with experience working on interior renovations that align with GSD’s Design and Construction body of work.
We are looking for a creative, enthusiastic, self-motivated, and organized Graduate Architect with architectural and interiors experience. Responsibilities of this position include assisting and coordinating all phases of assigned projects, from programming, construction documents, and construction administration.
Duties for this position will also include:
- Developing scopes of work for interiors, project budgets, drafting construction documents for interior projects, submitting plans to code enforcement, facilitating office furniture orders, and maintaining office furniture standards.
- Facilitate project activities with multiple project teams including client department representatives, GSD’s Property Management Division, contractors, and project managers.
- Works closely with the Assistant Director of Design and Construction, In-House Design Lead, Minor Projects Division Manager, and group leaders to manage the day-to-day project workload.
- Develops and provides support to generate the schedule and scopes of work for projects.
- Will drive to coordinate and conduct on-site walkthroughs to develop scopes of work and determine the accuracy of proposals submitted by consultants and contractors.
- Conducts on-site visits for inspection, project quality control and punch list items.
- Maintains good working relationships with clients, stakeholders, and contractor representatives.
- Assists with the management of Design and Construction Division projects for repair, rehabilitation, or alteration, including emergencies, of fire and police stations, libraries, multi-service and community centers, recycling centers, office buildings, maintenance facilities, etc.
- Assists the project management staff with successful delivery of Task Order Contractor (TOC) and Job Order Contractor (JOC) projects for numerous clients
- Perform other duties as assigned
The position requires stooping, bending and/or lifting of items of up to 30 pounds with occasional periods of walking on rough surfaces.