Occidental is an international energy company with operations in the United States, Middle East, Latin America and Africa. We are the largest onshore oil producer in the U.S., including in the Permian Basin, and a leading offshore producer in the Gulf of Mexico. Our midstream and marketing segment provides flow assurance and maximizes the value of our oil and gas. Our chemical subsidiary OxyChem manufactures the building blocks for life-enhancing products. Our Oxy Low Carbon Ventures subsidiary is advancing leading-edge technologies and business solutions that economically grow our business while reducing emissions. We are committed to using our global leadership in carbon dioxide management to advance a lower-carbon world. Visit Oxy.com for more information.
Occidental strives to attract and retain talented employees by investing in their professional development and providing rewarding opportunities for personal growth. Our goal is to meet the highest employer standards by ensuring the health and safety of our employees, protecting the environment and positively impacting our communities where we do business.
Primary Job Purpose:
Staff Construction Specialist working within the Facilities, Engineering and Construction team. The successful candidate will support development of deepwater projects in the Gulf of Mexico. This position is located in Occidental’s Allison Tower in The Woodlands, Texas as a member of the Deepwater Facilities, Engineering and Construction group.
- Ensure the safe and timely delivery of offshore projects within the specifications, codes and industry best practices
- Support the project team during engineering design of production platforms, process and subsea systems
- Provide HSE leadership in design development, fabrication and installation activities
- Work with team to prepare specifications and inquiry packages for procurement, manufacture, and installation of offshore oilfield equipment and structures
- Provide supervision of offshore equipment and structure manufacturing including organization of inspection team
- Provide site supervision of the offshore installation of platforms and subsea systems
- Work in a highly collaborative, team focused environment
- Ensure that project deliverables and compliance with regulations and SEMS requirements
- Assist Project Engineers/Managers with project cost estimates and constructability issues during the design, planning and construction phases of projects