For more than 30 years, ERC has been delivering the advantage needed to solve our customers’ and the nation’s toughest challenges. A trusted partner to the Defense and Space communities. We provide the advanced engineering, innovative technology, and subject-matter expertise to deliver the mission results our customers need to keep the nation safe and secure. Our unique solutions enhance readiness, optimize performance, and help ensure success in the air, on the ground and in space.
An essential part of our success is our corporate culture built on respect, empowerment, and collaboration. Our culture elevates our people, ensuring they provide best-in-class service and solutions to our customers. We always strive to do the right thing. We believe that are our people are our best asset and human connection our greatest strength.
Check us out on ERC.US
The Geospatial Scientist will join our team with GeoControl Systems, Inc., a Jacobs Engineering teammate company.
What you’ll do all day:
- Employ GIS and remote sensing techniques to Earth, Moon, and other planetary image data in support of International Space Station (ISS) and Artemis missions
- Develop funding proposals for submission to relevant scientific and technology grant solicitations opportunities
- Interact with scientists, engineers, managers in a highly dynamic and occasionally time-critical environment
- Conducting Earth and planetary science training and curriculum development for professionals (astronauts, scientists, engineers, managers)
- Conducting ISS payload operations for astronaut photography of Earth
- Working with geospatial data such as astronaut photos, satellite imagery, lunar imagery
- Other duties as required
You will love this job if you:
- Are a self-starter and require little oversight to complete given tasks
- Enjoy a fast-paced work environment
- Love working with diverse groups of individuals, including engineers and technicians
- Are good at communicating with people
- Have a positive attitude
- Enjoy multitasking
Minimum requirements for this position:
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements, and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- Bachelors, Masters or PhD degree in earth science, geology, meteorology, environmental science, atmospheric science, image science, oceanography, geography, lunar science, planetary science, GIS, remote sensing, computational science or relevant science fields with applicable experience
- Proficient with GIS and/or remote sensing software
- Proficient computer skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and will be expected to effectively interact with teammates, customers, and management at all levels
- Ability to prepare written documents and present at various meetings
- Ability to develop innovative work ideas and work without specific tasking
Desired skills and experience for this position:
- Use of spatial datasets, image processing
- Software scripting, command line skills, automation of tasks, programming language
- Geospatial database management, ArcGIS Online, Esri Portal, open-source GIS software
- Geoscience field work, lab, image science, and/or remote sensing experience
- Machine learning, neural networks
- Scientific teaching experience
- Mission science integration and operations
- Previous work with NASA and/or in the field of planetary geology
What we offer:
- Competitive salaries.
- Continuing education assistance.
- Professional development allotment.
- Multiple healthcare benefit packages.
- 401K with employer matching.
- Paid time off (PTO) along with federally recognized holiday schedule.