Staffmark is currently hiring an experienced a General Laborer to work for client located in Northwest Houston TX.
Hours 8am-5pm Monday-Friday
Position is Temp to Hire
This role is mostly janitorial duties and the right person will occasionally help out in the warehouse as needed.
Most of the day will be spent cleaning, picking up trash, and assisting in the warehouse as needed.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to, achieving expected production requirements, while maintaining a clean and safe working environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Sweep, mop, and clean floors
• Clean restrooms, equipment, and warehouse
• Remove and collect trash, debris, and other waste
• Provide minor maintenance services
• Respond in a timely fashion to janitorial requests
• Assist machinists and/or other tradespeople on-site
• Handle materials and equipment
• Use machinery (e.g. forklifts)
• Sort material (pallets, containers, and boxes)
• Perform other related duties as assigned by management
• Ability to manage priorities and workflow
• Willingness to work within constantly changing tasks
• Understand and follow verbal instructions
• Follow all safety requirements
• Forklift experience preferred
• Lift up to 50 pounds
Staffmark is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Staffmark is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.