6081 - Ft Bend - 21939 Southwest Freeway, Richmond, Texas, 77469
CarMax, the way your career should be!
At CarMax, all new managers complete a structured four-month training program to ensure they are prepared to succeed in their new role. The Front-Line Manager in Training is a training and development program designed to give a new CarMax manager the tools they need to assume the role of a Front-Line Manager within the Service Operations department. All Front-Line Managers in Training must successfully complete the training program before taking on the role of a Front-Line Manager.
Training includes learning the following:
• Roles and responsibilities of functional areas within Service Operations
• End to end production process including inventory management, cosmetic and mechanical repair
• Fundamental management skills of leaders at CarMax through our Management Development Program
Upon successful completion of the Front-Line Manager in Training Program, the new Manager will be placed in one of the following roles: Flow Mechanical Manager, Flow Cosmetic Manager, Flow Supply Manager, Inventory Manager, or Service Manager.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ability to demonstrate learnings throughout the training program
- Support the execution of store procedures and processes
- Successfully complete the Management Development Program
- 3+ Years of experience as a Manager experience preferred
- Work through and manage a team to achieve goals
- Read, interpret and transcribe data in order to maintain accurate records
- Demonstrate the ability to multi-task
- Speak and listen effectively in working with customers/associates, both in person and over the phone
- Demonstrate computer skills with a variety of common and proprietary software
- Possess a valid Driver's License
- Combination of indoor and outdoor work environment; may include working in noisy situations and/or inclement weather conditions.
- Requires walking or standing for extended periods of time.
- Variety of work schedules with shifts that may include nights, weekends, and holidays
- Occasional travel to other work locations
- Follow all CarMax, state and federal policies, rules and regulations, including, but not limited to: O.S.H.A., and EPA, Personal Protective Equipment, proper waste disposal in required areas, attendance, Asset Protection, Integrity and Standards of Professional Appearance
- Wears CarMax clothing (acquired through the company store) at all times while working in the store
Disclaimer and Approvals:
This document is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. This information is current at the time of publication. Responsibilities may include other duties as assigned and may be amended at the discretion of CarMax, with or without notice.
This document has been reviewed and approved by management and Human Resources and cannot be modified without written consent by a member of management authorized to modify and such responsibilities.
CarMax is an Equal Opportunity Employer by both policy and practice and subscribes to federal and state laws which forbid discrimination because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, or disability. Employment at CarMax is at-will, and therefore, can be terminated, with or without cause, at any time, at the option of the associate or CarMax. This at-will employment relationship will remain in effect throughout an associate's employment with CarMax unless it is modified by a specific, express written employment contract that is signed by an officer of CarMax and the associate. This at-will employment relationship may not be modified by any oral or implied agreement. Specifically, this job description is not a contract of employment and does not create and contractual rights of any kind between the Company and its Associates.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.