Job Title: Finance & Operations Coordinator
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Reports To: Director of Finance & Operations
Start Date: Jun/Jul 2022
Disclaimer: Position Description is not meant to encompass all aspects of position; other duties may be assigned.
Together, we create life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses. We are on a quest to bring every eligible child’s wish to life because a wish is an integral part of a child’s treatment journey. Research shows children who have wishes granted build the physical and emotional strength they need to fight a critical illness. This improves their quality of life and produces better health outcomes. A wish transforms the lives of children, their families, volunteers, supporters, medical professionals, and entire communities.
Position Summary: The Finance & Operations Coordinator provides a full range of support for Make-A-Wish Finance, Mission Delivery, and Development staff. This role will be responsible for performing routine accounting functions and helping to coordinate operations of the chapter. The position reports directly to the Director of Finance & Operations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage staff credit card program and wish spending card program
- Review statements and receipts monthly, and enter into NetSuite
- Activate and load wish spending cards, monitor charges, close cards upon wish completion.
- Prepare all monthly recurring journal entries and additional entries as requested.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations for cash, investments, receivables, prepaids, and accruals.
- Assist with the monthly financial reporting process and monitor budget-to-actual numbers.
- Help with other financial analysis and administrative tasks as appropriate, including monthly financial dashboards for board and committee meetings.
- Process credit card donations through our online system.
- Open mail and prepare daily check deposit, send daily deposit report to development team.
- Set up new vendors, enter invoices into NetSuite, assist with disseminating or mailing checks after CEO signs.
- For recurring monthly operating expenses, set up and monitor auto-payments (water bill, electric bill, janitors, etc.) under direction of the Director of Finance & Operations.
- Review wish in-kind batches, ensure appropriate support and donor acknowledgement letters are documented in wish files, and commit/post to NetSuite.
- Assist with the wish file closing process.
- Prepare wish assist invoices and supporting documentation to submit to assisted chapters.
- Assist in onboarding new hires, including setting up email addresses and logins, order computers, peripherals, and supplies, set up SharePoint access, etc.
- Ensure compliance with Make-A-Wish America performance standards and guidelines.
- Assist with the annual external audit and annual Form 990 tax return preparation.
- Help with the annual budgeting process.
- Other accounting and operations duties as assigned.
- Work in alignment with the Executive Assistant to ensure office efficiencies.
- Oversee the office environment for safety and cleanliness; coordinate with janitors, landscapers, trash company, internet/phone, and other vendors as needed; coordinate the repair and maintenance of the office building and equipment.
- Ensure timely certification and/or scheduling of all licenses for alarms, backflow inspections, etc. as needed.
- Serve as a point of contact for any building work scheduled – construction, maintenance, etc.
- Manage admin email and admin phone number/voicemail; respond as appropriate or forward to the appropriate staff member.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Commitment to and a passion for the mission of Make-A-Wish Texas Gulf Coast and Louisiana.
- Demonstrated high level of detail-oriented accuracy and timeliness in completing duties.
- Self-motivated, highly organized, team-oriented person with excellent written and communication skills, including the ability to listen effectively.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, to manage multiple priorities, and to work in a deadline driven environment.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of integrity, trustworthiness, flexibility, and compassion necessary to address the practicalities of a rapidly growing nonprofit, along with the creativity and persistence required to elicit new thinking and change.
- Adhere to all Make-A-Wish® America performance standards and Make-A-Wish® Texas Gulf Coast and Louisiana policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 2-5 years of general accounting experience, nonprofit experience is preferred.
- Experience in NetSuite financial software and Salesforce preferable.
- Microsoft Office experience required. Proficiency with Outlook and Excel a must.
- Work in an office environment.
- Position is an in-office position, located in Stafford, Texas. Occasional opportunity to work remotely.
- May require work outside a traditional Monday – Friday work week, and outside normal business hours.
- Very limited travel.
All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability.
To apply please submit resume and cover letter to: