Job Profile Summary
Would you like to help our Gas & Low Carbon Energy business significantly increase investment and support bp's ambition to become Net Zero?
The Gas & Low Carbon Energy (G&LCE) Finance team creates and enhances value across business entities, providing innovative investment solutions while partnering with centralised teams to drive efficiency through standardisation, digital transformation, and agile ways of working.
Reporting to the VP Finance – Commercial Optimisation and Integration, the Finance Manager is responsible for providing high-quality investment valuations of new business opportunities across G&LCE businesses.
You will support a broad range of business activities, including strategy development, financial modelling economic and investment evaluation, screening, governance, leading/supporting negotiations to create material growth for G&LCE businesses.
The role requires a combination of leadership, critical thinking, entrepreneurial idea generation, commercial rigour, and willingness to support a variety of aspects needed to foster growth across the G&LCE businesses.
- Formulating the development of the Renewables Growth financial strategy
- Leading identification, maturing, and structuring of business opportunities, with technical input and integration, using bp’s economic evaluation and investment appraisal processes.
- Partnering with Treasury in raising additional capital to support future growth of Renewables business, creating financial structuring options to enable this, and enabling bp to partner with investors
- Conducting/assuring economic evaluation and investment appraisal processes for Low Carbon Energy businesses
- Assisting project execution for strategic projects to meet strategic commercial objectives, including support work for negotiations with third parties on commercial, joint venture and M&A transactions.
- Contributing to the development of offers to deliver value for partnerships, ensuring consistency with established processes.
- Leading commercial negotiations and supporting integration of successful transactions into the bp LCE portfolio.
- Collaborating with other business entities, seeking opportunities for integration, continuous improvement, and building upon external partner, supplier and consultant relationships.
- Align with BP's Code of Conduct and models BP's Values & Behaviours.
Education and experience required:
- Significant knowledge of drivers of renewable energy and power industry
- Deep commercial competence, able to translate commercial arrangements into financial models. Experienced at using commercial analysis to support the development of innovative solutions in complex value chains. Able to assess business and financial risks.
- Understands debt and equity structures, including off-balance sheet financing and joint venture arrangements, and hedging instruments
- Strong influencing skills and experience of leading complex commercial negotiations
- Delivery focussed and able to balance multiple/conflicting priorities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Engineering or any other equivalent degree;
- MBA is preferred. CFA or equivalent designation is a plus
If you think you have the right skills and are excited to be part of a team of diverse and forward-thinking team, apply today!
Job Family Group
Yes - up to 10%
United States of America
GAS AND LOW CARBON ENERGY
At bp we’re reimagining energy, and so could you. By reinventing our gas and low carbon energy businesses we’re advancing low carbon energy solutions for people and our planet. That’s why we need talent like you to join us.
Together, we will achieve this by:
- integrating our gas and renewable capabilities
- building and growing low and zero carbon businesses and markets
- developing new gas opportunities
- driving new decarbonisation technologies and capabilities
- leveraging digital to create innovative zero carbon energy solutions
- creating new business models that are driven by innovative financing solutions
- adopting new ways of working that unleash the ingenuity and potential of our people
- collaborating with the rest of our business to present ourselves as ‘one bp’ to our customers
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test(and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. The drug screen requires a hair test for which BP must be able to obtain a sufficient hair sample for analysis (~4 cm/1 ½” scalp, or > 2 cm/¾” body – arms & armpits/legs/chest)
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, BP is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, neurodiversity/neurocognitive functioning or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us or have one of your representatives contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]; or by telephone at 833 478 7480 8am-5pm CST/CDT Monday-Friday.
Read the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the poster supplement - for more information about Equal Employment Opportunities. (Spanish version)
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement