UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
United Healthcare Community and State’s Sales Markets are key drivers of the organization’s overall growth. As a Field Sales Representative, you'll utilize innovative strategies and programs to ensure access to health care coverage for the underserved and impact millions of lives. Great sales are the result of strong purpose, conviction, and pride - pride in your ability and your product. You'll use your energetic, empathetic approach to marketing and add value to our team. Through community marketing and outreach efforts, you will have direct impact on membership growth and retention.
Working under the direction of the Director of Sales & Marketing and collectively with the Community Outreach team, this Field Sales Rep will interface with members of the District of Columbia Dual Choice Health Plan to increase marketing synergy and drive overall membership growth. The District Dual Choice program is exclusively for dually eligible beneficiaries and aims to better coordinate their Medicare and Medicaid benefits. This Field Sales Rep will enroll eligible members of the District Dual Choice program (a Dual Special Needs Plan DSNP). The Field Sales Rep is contracted, licensed, appointed and certified as an agent, while maintaining the highest standards of compliance.
**** This is an outside/field sales position ****
*** Base Pay + Commission ***
If you are located in Washington DC, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Enroll eligible members in DC Choice program for Dual eligibles
- Build and foster relationships with key accounts (provider offices, CBOs, housings, etc.)
- Lead pipeline management
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding sales and enrollment expectations within assigned territory
- Conduct product information presentations in multiple settings, including in-home consultations
- Communicate complex healthcare information to potential clients
- Develop and manage relationships to reach sales goals
- Function independently and responsibly with minimal need for supervision
- Track and measures various sales event effectiveness and activities, events, leads & lead progress, sales, appointments, contacts, and relationship progress daily through internal systems
- Ensure all events are properly filed with appropriate regulatory agencies through the established UHC process
- Act as the Presenting Agent and interact with consumers under compliance guidelines when appropriate
- Provide input, support and feedback on promotional opportunities, benefits, and other issues
- Stay informed on UHC operations, provider network, premiums, member services, claims, explanation of benefits, processes and other services and issues to provide community partners, prospects, and members with accurate information, and provide feedback as appropriate
- Manage multiple priorities including visiting provider offices on a regular basis and following up on leads in a timely fashion
- Track a schedule to keep appointments on time and information pertaining to those appointments in timely manner
- Input consumer demographics and interactions into company systems as appropriate
- Keep others up to date on information they need
- Contribute ideas and support decisions made by the team and the organization
- Performs other duties as required
- Show compassion
- Act as a team player
- Work collaboratively with others (both inside the sales unit as well as outside) to achieve goals
- Relate to others in an open and accepting manner
- Treat people with dignity and respect
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years of field work experience (sales, business development, community, social services, etc.)
- A state life/health insurance license is a requirement for this position by law. If you do not already have one, must be willing to obtain a (company-sponsored) state health/life insurance license within 60 days of hire
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams)
- Insured, dependable vehicle with current driver's license and good driving history
- Travel locally up to 100% of the time within assigned local territory
- Work core business hours, Monday - Friday and nights and weekends, when required
- Reside in/within commutable distance to the District of Columbia
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state, and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Bachelor's or Master's degree
- Active health insurance license
- Experience working with communities of all different ethnicities, cultural backgrounds, diverse populations and/or underserved communities
- Medicare Advantage/Dual Special Needs Plan (DSNP) experience
- Outside sales and territory management experience
- Social services background
- Knowledge of Medicare/ CMS marketing rules and regulations
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Field Sales Representative, Sales Representative, Sales, Washington, DC, District of Columbia, Medicare, Dual Special Needs Plan, DSNP, seniors, health insurance, health insurance license, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote