Job Title: Field Application Scientist - Optical Emission Spectrometry (OES)
Come join the world leader in serving science! At Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and be valued and recognized for your performance. Being part of a vibrant team of outstanding scientists, you are at the intersection of science and business, but also at the frontier to enable our customers to make the next scientific breakthrough for a cleaner, safer and healthier world.
What will you do?
- Develop a detailed understanding and strong application knowledge of Optical Emission Spectrometry (OES).
- Provide technical support for field sales representatives by leading technical discussions and performing instrument demonstrations.
- Analyze customer samples for instrument evaluation and generate compelling technical reports to assist sales.
- Support trade shows, seminars and technical symposia by presenting posters/orals.
- Provide post sales customer training in the form of hands-on laboratory sessions, lectures, and provide consultation to customers with regards to sample analysis recommendations.
- Participating in marketing collateral generation by authoring technical notes, application notes, white paper and peer reviewed journal articles.
Who are we looking for?
- An advanced degree is preferred. A master’s degree in Physics, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, or related fields preferred. A Bachelor’s degree with 2-5 years of relevant industrial experience will be considered.
- Proven hands-on experience in Optical Emission Spectrometer operation, including sample preparation.
- Strong problem-solving skills with logical thought process and attention to details.
- Excellent presentation, communication, influence, and interpersonal skills
- Effective time and project management with minimal direct supervision.
- Customer centric approach motivated by providing a tremendous customer experience.
- Willing to challenge and collaborate with multiple departments.
- Willing to travel in the US/Canada up to 60%
- Based in the Houston, TX area.
WHAT WE OFFER
The role offers flexible work hours. We offer competitive remuneration, sales incentive plan bonus scheme, healthcare, and a range of employee benefits.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is the world leader in serving science. We offer employment with an innovative, future-thinking organization, and outstanding career and development prospects. We offer an exciting company culture that stands for integrity, intensity, involvement, and innovation.
APPLY TODAY! JOBS.THERMOFISHER.COM (http://jobs.thermofisher.com)
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.