- Works with the Senior Family Wellness Coordinator and Child Nutrition Specialists to plan appropriate programming in health and nutrition.
- Assists Sr. Family Wellness Coordinator with meeting all reporting responsibilities for Head Start requirements.
- Provides internal monitoring of locations to ensure compliance with Head Start Performance Standards in content area.
- Provides training to staff related to Head Start Performance Standards policies, procedures and processes to ensure clear understanding of contract compliance issues.
- Ensures appropriate health screenings are completed on all children enrolled in Early Head Start/Head Start. Ensures all children are up to date on immunizations, EPSDT and other medical requirements through case management and binder reviews.
- Works in collaboration with Student Support Services to refer children for further evaluation of health concerns as appropriate.
- Work in collaboration with Family Development Worker to link families with any health and insurance resources throughout the community for which the family is eligible.
- Promotes awareness of health-related issues to staff, children and parents through the distribution of materials, provision of training and nutrition activities and nutritional counseling. Encourages parent and community involvement in the health program by involving them in the development, decisions and evaluation.
- Assists in the preparation for monitoring of the Head Start Monitoring Protocol by federal authorities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Travel between sites/campuses is required
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)