City of Pearland Civil Service Commission
Notice of Entry Level Police Test
Test Date: Saturday, November 5, 2022
Test Time: 8:30 a.m. (Doors open at 7:15 a.m. No one admitted after 7:45 a.m.)
Test Site: Robert Turner High School
4717 Bailey Rd.
Pearland, Texas 77584
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
* Be a citizen of the United States.
* Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language.
* Be between 18 and 45 years of age at the time of the examination.
* Have a high school diploma or equivalency certificate (G.E.D.) certified by the issuing agency with one of the following:
* 30 credit hours with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale from an accredited institute of higher learning; or
* Minimum 24 months of active duty service with an honorable discharge authenticated by a Member 2 or Member 4 Form DD-214: or
* 15 credit hours with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale in addition to Basic Peace Officer Certification from TCOLE; or
* An Intermediate Peace Officer Certification from TCOLE.
* Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record.
* Must meet all legal requirements necessary to become a licensed Peace Officer by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE).
In accordance with Texas Local Government Code Section 143.024(f), an additional five points shall be added to the examination grade of an applicant who served in the United States armed forces, received an honorable discharge, and made a passing grade of seventy (70) on the examination.
If you have a minimum 24 months of active duty service with an honorable discharge authenticated by a DD214 Member-2 or DD214 Member-4 Form, please send a copy to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] on or before 5:00 pm on November 3, 2022. We will not be accepting paper copies on the date of the test. Military points will not be added after the publication of the eligibility list.
Salary and Incentives: Cadet $20.47 hourly; Police Officer $30.13 hourly.
The City of Pearland is currently offering a hiring incentive for experienced peace officers.
* The program offers $5,000 to candidates who are licensed peace officers in the State of Texas at the time of their appointment and who have at least two years of law enforcement experience. Officers must have an "Honorable" designation on their F-5 or state equivalent to qualify.
* Qualified candidates must agree to the terms and conditions outlined in the Incentive Program Agreement.
Deadline for applications: November 3, 2022. Applications will not be accepted after this date for any reason.
Apply to serve: Submit applications online by visiting pearlandtx.gov/careers.
For more information: An exam orientation guide, common disqualifiers, and an explanatory video of the physical ability test is available by visiting the City of Pearland Police recruitment website www.pearlandtx.gov/departments/police/career-opportunities
THE CITY OF PEARLAND IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Special accommodations are available when necessary to afford equal opportunity to participate in testing. Please make request in writing and received five business days prior to the test date to City of Pearland, HR Department, 3519 Liberty Drive, Pearland, TX 77581.
For questions regarding the application process please contact:
Human Resources at 281-652-1763 or [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
The Eligibility List will remain in effect for six (6) months or until exhausted, whichever is sooner.