Enterprise Products Partners L.P. is one of the largest publicly traded partnerships and a leading North American provider of midstream energy services to producers and consumers of natural gas, NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals. Our services include: natural gas gathering, treating, processing, transportation and storage; NGL transportation, fractionation, storage and import and export terminals; crude oil gathering, transportation, storage and terminals; petrochemical and refined products transportation, storage and terminals; and a marine transportation business that operates primarily on the United States inland and Intracoastal Waterway systems. The partnership’s assets include approximately 50,000 miles of pipelines; 260 million barrels of storage capacity for NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals; and 14 billion cubic feet of natural gas storage capacity.
The main objective for the Encroachment Engineer is to provide support for the safe operation of Company’s pipeline facilities through the engineering evaluation (design review, stress calculations, etc.) and communication to/from 3rd Parties that present encroachments to the Company’s assets.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review and evaluate project plans of proposed development and construction activities in close proximity of Company pipeline rights-of-way and its impact to pipeline facilities. Determine the constructability of the proposed plans and the impact the construction will have on the Company’s pipeline. For example, evaluate how the Company pipeline will be supported and protected while 3rd Party construction is in progress.
- Ensure proposed development and construction are being designed and constructed in accordance with the Company's Encroachment Evaluation Specifications and Regulatory Agency requirements.
- Perform pipeline stress analysis associated with the encroachment including heavy equipment crossings, roadway and railroad crossings over existing pipeline, and provide pipeline protection recommendations where applicable.
- Provide written recommendations, design modification guidance and/or stipulations to Encroachment Agreement or Letter of No Objection issued to encroaching entity by Company Land Department.
- Perform seismic vibration analysis for any planned blasting operations or construction induced vibration activities near or within Company pipeline rights-of-way.
- Internal coordination with various departments within Company – Primarily Land, Operations, Field Engineering, Asset Integrity, and EHS&T.
- Interface with private and governmental agencies, 3rd Party Owners/Operators, developers, contractors, engineers and potential partners to define project parameters and proposal scenarios.
- Attend industry, federal, state, city, and county development meetings as required to coordinate work and provide necessary information pertaining to new or ongoing projects.