About Linde :
Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2020 sales of $27 billion. We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet.
The company serves a variety of end markets including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions.
For more information about the company and its products and services, please visit www.linde.com.
Job Overview :
We are currently seeking an Electrical Maintenance Engineer to be based at our Deer Park, TX location and will have a Regional support responsibility. This position will report to the Region Reliability Center Manager at the same location. The maintenance engineer works with the Regional Reliability team and other corporate/regional/plant personnel to achieve tactical reliability goals.
The overall objective of the Maintenance Engineer is to ensure the safe and reliable operation of production facilities at the lowest life cycle cost. The Maintenance Engineer will be responsible for the identification, development, and implementation of innovative solutions to electrical system/asset issues for multiple facilities. This person will be expected to work independently and make technical decisions and recommendations.
Primary responsibilities :
- Primary technical resource for maintenance of all low/medium/high voltage electrical equipment such as switchgear, transformers, motors and distribution systems.
- Monitor Preventive/Predictive maintenance program and ensure timely resolution of all identified issues.
- Identify and resolve chronic electrical asset concerns (bad actors)
- Develop and execute small (<$100k) expense/capital projects for reliability improvement.
- Assist in resolution planning for long-term electrical asset concerns (reliability threats).
- Assess equipment performance data and ensure optimal and efficient performance.
- Assist in Corrective-maintenance, Preventive-maintenance and/or Project cost estimation.
- Assist in turnaround planning and execution.
- Assist in Root Cause Analysis (RCA) process for major failures.
- Drive resolution of highest impact issues with a strong sense of urgency and integrity.
This position requires a combination of office work and field work. This position typically requires approximately 25% travel domestically. Accessibility during off-hours (laptop and cell phone) is occasionally required.