Wood is currently recruiting an Electrical Engineer with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
Responsibilities will include:
- Prepares design calculations, computerized analyses, specifications, and/or performs other engineering tasks using prescribed methods and procedures
- Independently evaluates, selects and applies standard engineering techniques and methods to assignments with few unusual or complex features
- Uses judgment to make minor adaptations and modifications
- Serve as the lead engineer on project without technical complexity and may review the work of less experienced engineer
- Recognizes problems, discrepancies and areas of technical complexity and requests help when needed
- Assignments have clearly defined objectives and expected outcomes
- Receives instructions on performance of assignment, objectives and complex features. A more experienced engineer provides assistance and reviews unusual aspects of work for sound judgment and proper application of method
- Applies conventional methods to problems with few unusual or complex features. Assignments may include equipment design and/or specification, requisition computerized analysis and preparation of calculations
- Takes field assignments
- Work requires application of engineering knowledge and experience in areas of assignment.
- Coordinates work with other engineers. May be assisted by other engineers
- Prepares commissioning and operating procedures for purchased equipment/systems
- Coordinates and interfaces with equipment suppliers
- Works effectively and communicates with customers, other technical disciplines, and the organization’s project management team
Skills / Qualifications
• Bachelor of Engineering (in Electrical) Degree
• Excellent written and oral skills.
• Prioritizes and plans work activities; plans for additional resources.
• Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
• Monitors own work to ensure quality while looking for ways to improve and promote quality.
• Able to work cooperatively within the organization, with vendors, and with customers.
• Able to perform routine work with minimal supervision.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.