Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center is an 881-bed quaternary care academic medical center that is a joint venture between Baylor College of Medicine and CHI St. Luke’s Health. Located in the Texas Medical Center, the hospital is the home of the Texas Heart® Institute, a cardiovascular research and education institution founded in 1962 by Denton A. Cooley, MD. The hospital was the first facility in Texas and the Southwest designated a Magnet® hospital for Nursing Excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, receiving the award five consecutive times. Baylor St. Luke’s also has three community emergency centers offering adult and pediatric care for the Greater Houston area.
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
1. Demonstrates expertise in the teaching /learning process and Assists management and clinical staff to develop and provide educational programs
2. Utilizes Prophecy Assessments to identify learning needs and assists the nurse managers, clinical nurse specialists, clinical educators, quality coordinators, and preceptors in planning learning activities to meet those needs
3. Develops and Performs needs assessments in collaboration with management/ clinical Nurse specialist / nursing staff to determine developmental and educational needs
4. Assesses critical thinking, interpersonal relations, and technical skills of staff to assist in categorization of orientation and staff development
5. Communicates with staff to facilitate development of their clinical, management, and/ or research skills
6. Promotes career advancement including clinical ladder and differentiated practice through mentorship
7. Consults with management and clinical staff to coordinate an effective preceptor and mentor program
8. Consults with management to develop, revise, and implement cost-effective patient outcomes driven educational programs, tools, and materials for all nursing staff
9. Collaborates with management to plan and direct new employee orientation
10. Leads and Participates in the Performance Enhancement program and other quality enhancement activities through monitoring and evaluating the outcomes of educational offerings
11. Integrates research findings into clinical practice, educational programs, and policy updates
12. Supports and Participates in unit based research projects to promote a knowledge base for the nursing profession
*Registered Nurse and BLS required