Founded in 1886, Buckeye Partners, L.P. has a proven track record of stability and success. We pride ourselves on the laser focus we apply to safely providing service and value to our customers, operating under a strong set of values, and empowering our employees to make decisions. We have a tenacious commitment to environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance in all that we do.
It is our internal culture that sets us apart from other companies. Our goal is to provide our employees with a greater span of responsibility, the ability to make decisions, and access to experts to help you build your skills and experiences. Each of our career tracks provides employees with the ability to innovate, and be a significant contributor from their first day on the job.
Buckeye Partners is currently seeking a Director, Talent Management with experience in development and delivery of human resource, organizational and workforce development programs to join our growing team!
The Director, Talent Management role is responsible for developing actionable strategies and solutions aligned with Talent Management goals to achieve operational and financial outcomes.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Program Design. Assessing critical business issues and designing approach that supports the business and strategic objectives through organizational effectiveness, leadership development, talent management and employee development.
- Succession Planning Development. Designing and developing succession planning strategies and development tools to assure employee and leadership bench strength.
- Subject Matter Expert. Acting as a subject matter expert and providing leadership, guidance and training in the identification and development of self-directed work teams.
- Program Assessment. Participating in and supporting on-going competency evaluations and the development of subsequent programs to continuously motivate and reward desired performance behaviors.
- Mentoring Program Management. Developing and managing a Mentoring program for leaders
- Learning Management Systems. Managing the strategic development of company Learning Management System (LMS) as well as monitor performance and make recommendations on system upgrades and improvements. Hands on leadership role in the rollout and execution of Cornerstone LMS system.
- Staff Leadership and Development. Provide mentorship, leadership and management of Talent Management team.
- Major Projects Include but are not limited to:
- Project Management for People (PMP).
- Organizations and individual analysis; developmental planning; mix analysis; organizational health measures; succession planning; and manpower planning
- Performance Culture and Performance Management Process.
- Training & Leadership Development
- High Performance Work Teams.
- Definition of High Performance Work Team, Measurement and Training
- And other projects as defined.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business or related field required.
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources or Organizational Development preferred.
- 10+ years progressive work experience in development and delivery of human resource, organizational and workforce development programs in a multi-unit organization, with demonstrated proficiency in multiple human resource disciplines/processes related to position.
- Experience in designing sound talent management strategies and business processes
- Training design and delivery experience is required
Certificates & Licenses:
- PHR or SPHR a plus.
Other Skills, Attributes and Abilities:
- Ability to understand and articulate the strategic value of integrated Talent Management processes with strong business acumen
- Understanding of enterprise software, particularly HRIS, Talent Management and Learning Management technologies
- Strong writing skills including the ability to synthesize information into clear, concise messages both for detailed analytical reports and executive summaries
- Effective verbal communication including the ability to relate well with others and ability to adapt style as needed
- This position requires the ability to safely and successfully perform essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and or/quantitative productivity standards.
- This role requires the ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- This position requires compliance with all personnel policies.
To be successful in the Buckeye culture, our employees must Possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. You must be able to work independently. You must also be able to exercise tact, discretion, and professionalism when dealing with internal clients and external counterparties (customers, vendors, etc.), as well as when handling sensitive and confidential information.
Buckeye Partners wants to create and reward an organizational focus that stimulates the creative and entrepreneurial actions of our employees and results in innovative ways of reducing costs, generating revenues, improving productivity, or improving processes.
Buckeye Partners, L.P. is the logistical solutions partner of choice for the global energy business and one of the nation’s largest independent petroleum products pipeline transportation and terminalling service provider; our strength is to create centers of expertise around our products, technologies and client needs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP on the following website: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
This requisition is not eligible for the Employee Referral Program. Buckeye Partners, L.P. reserves the right to not pursue a referred candidate if the eventual employment of the referred candidate would constitute a conflict of interest with a customer or supplier and/or would be detrimental to the best interest of the Company.