UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
If you are located in TX, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Responsible for developing growth strategy for Medicaid business in Texas alongside the Regional Director of Growth & Strategy for Texas. Engage valued partner relationships directly with community-based organizations, providers, external entities, venues, and/or influencers for the purpose of creating, enabling, and nurturing membership retention, growth, and/or sales opportunities. Plan, implement, and coordinate sales and/or non-sales events and programs for all assigned products within assigned territory
- Mange a team of 3 market level managers and 1 supervisor to ensure growth plan and market priorities are executed
- Develop and execute innovative outreach and marketing strategies and tactics to support membership growth and retention
- Drive smart growth in membership and market share in Texas Medicaid market by developing solid relationships with the health plan and across segments and departments to align externally facing strategies (network, marketing, clinical and quality etc.)
- Understand forecasting models and measure membership growth in assigned region, including adds, terms, market share and net growth by county and provider
- Must be able to align growth strategies to address local market priorities and unique requirements to assure delivery of RFP commitments and contractual requirements in Texas
- Conducts market research and competitive analysis to drive outreach strategies and initiatives to gain market share
- Manage impactful relationships that drive engagement with key stakeholders, influencers, community-based organizations, faith-based organizations and provider groups in Texas
- Develop and implement provider engagement strategies (including field-based approaches and face to face visits) in partnership with network partners that specifically focus on membership growth and retention and making UHC the insurer of choice
- Orchestrate signature member events, potential consumer events, community-based goodwill and general awareness events that make UHC the insurer of choice
- Represent the health plan at state meetings, community events, and media relations opportunities.
- Demonstrate/apply understanding of applicable laws, regulations, contracts, and compliance requirements (i.e., HIPAA, ACA, state contracts, CMS regulations)
- Strategize with marketing department on development of marketing campaigns and educational materials to use for growth
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7+ years people management experience
- 7+ years of marketing and/growth experience within a matrix organization
- 7+ years of experience in a deadline driven environment
- 7+ years proficiency in Microsoft office suite including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- 7+ years of experience demonstrating organization skills
- 7+ years of experience managing and prioritizing several deliverables
- 7+ years of experience in meeting or exceeding sales promotion/marketing targets
- 7+ years of experience influencing and collaborating with others
- 7+ years project management experience and the ability to be flexible and work with ambiguity
- Ability to travel 25% to 50%
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment