Headquartered in Richardson, Texas, L&S Mechanical (L&S) is a leading tri-trade provider of turnkey plumbing, HVAC, and electrical installation services in the Texas residential market. Founded in 1985, L&S serves large production homebuilders in Dallas / Fort Worth, Houston, San Antonio and Austin through its five production warehouses. Previously owned by management, L&S was recently acquired by The Sterling Group, a leading middle market private equity firm. L&S is the largest plumbing installer in Texas and has significant opportunity to grow its HVAC and electric offerings while also expanding into new geographies through acquisition, and growing its nascent home services business.
The company is backed by The Sterling Group. Founded in 1982, The Sterling Group is a private equity investment firm that targets controlling interests in basic manufacturing, distribution, and industrial services companies. Typical enterprise values of these companies range from $100 million to $750 million. Sterling has sponsored the buyout of 61 platform companies and numerous add-on acquisitions for a total transaction value of over $14.0 billion. Currently, Sterling has over $4.0 billion of assets under management.
We are currently seeking a Director of Human Resources. Reporting directly to the Chief Transformation Officer, this role will be responsible for developing, implementing and managing HR strategy and initiatives around employee relations, communication, recruiting, benefits, compensation, payroll and compliance. This is a highly visible, high impact position where a successful candidate will have the opportunity to play a decisive role in the future success and growth of the organization. Must be someone willing and able to directly engage in tactical execution while simultaneously leading teams to their goals.
This leader will drive a culture of continuous improvement and support that culture for the operations, providing assistance and direction as required to improve effectiveness and overall performance.
This individual must be personable, dynamic and innovative, and one who deploys an energetic day-to-day roll-up-your-sleeves attitude.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Develop a comprehensive talent strategy that is closely aligned and strongly integrated with the business strategy, ensuring that the company is making the right talent decisions to deliver the ambitions of the organization today and tomorrow.
* Partner with leaders to build high performing leadership teams and to create an environment which is clear on performance management.
* Build organizational capability through the development and implementation of programs designed to create and build a culture of stellar leaders aimed at achieving an end result of excellence in employee effectiveness and engagement.
* Utilize business and financial acumen to drive operational excellence by combining progressive and innovative ideas with HR best practices to support achievement of the companys strategic vision and goals.
* Manage a team of Payroll and HR Specialists.
* Providing HR support and assist as needed in the execution of the day to day HR operations supporting employees and managers.
* Drive continuous improvement of HR processes, analyzing new opportunities technology across the organization to improve business processes
* Define, lead and execute on the communication plan and cadence for the entire organization
* Lead and execute a series of HR programs such as Benefits, Compensation, Onboarding, Talent Acquisition, Succession Plan, Performance Management
Qualifications and Experience
* A track record of success working and influencing a fast-paced entrepreneurial organization
* Experience in an industrial environment, medium sized business setting. ($200M revenue +)
* Experience with a distributed workforce across many locations
* Experience with M&A an asset
* HR experience in a best practice HR function combined with experience at mid size company, so he or she has experience being creative and scrappy in a growing, dynamic company
* Strengths in talent acquisition/development, ability to set the strategy, as well as the ability to recruit directly
* Bachelor's degree in HR, business or a related field.
* Minimum of 10 years related human resources generalist and leadership experience
* Background directing benefits administration, compensation practices and employee relations.
* Travel will be required for this role.
* Demonstrated leadership, strong personal presence, demonstrates initiative, is results-oriented, and acts with a sense of urgency
* Excellent knowledge of culture, HR best practices and industry standards
* Experience establishing relationships as a trusted advisor to executive team members and a safe space for team needs
* Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
* High drive for results and discipline in execution
* Creativity: love to solve problems large and small.