At NRG, we’re bringing the power of energy to people and organizations by putting customers at the center of everything we do. We generate electricity and provide energy solutions and natural gas to millions of customers through our diverse portfolio of retail brands. A Fortune 500 company, operating in the United States and Canada, NRG delivers innovative solutions while advocating for competitive energy markets and customer choice, working towards a sustainable energy future. More information is available at www.nrg.com. Connect with NRG on Facebook, LinkedIn and follow us on Twitter @nrgenergy.
This position will report to the CFO:
- To support the relaunch of NRGs financial and management reporting at the beginning of 2022, transforming NRG from an Integrated power provider to a consumer service business
- Integrate the new approach within NRGs newly created segments of operations
- Upgrade management reporting through a consumer-focused standardization and alignment to the KPI’s utilized to monitor the company
This role will be actively involved in redesigning and implementing the new consumer service business-focused reporting to show results against internal forecast at a company and division level. In addition, this role will work to:
- Enhance internal forecasting with more robust scenario builds by enhancing outputs from our risk management organization.
- Work with investor relations to improve on the Company’s processes to better understand the financial results and trend in KPI of NRGs competitors
- Work with Treasury to improve the short-term cash flow forecast and build the invested capital by segment
The ideal candidate must have experience understanding, communicating, and integrating business strategy and objectives, with a strong focus on both processes and strategy.
- Support the design, implementation, and education of the new management reporting for the organization including sub-segment P&L, new KPIs, standardized variance analyses
- Support to enhance scenario simulations with the support of the risk-management team
- Deliver value-added business analysis and define and report meaningful financial and operational metrics that lead to insightful and informed business decision-making
- Prioritize the continuous advancement and refinement of the organization’s budgeting and forecasting/planning processes
- Assist – if needed - with the preparation of a monthly reporting package with comprehensive key performance indicators (KPIs), operational dashboards, analysis of key business trends, actual versus budget variances and analysis, as well as opportunities for improvement
- Increase management visibility on current reporting around retention, satisfaction and marketing activities to support the commercial business
- Flexibility and willingness to take on new responsibilities and assignments as they are identified and to assist with various ad hoc projects, as needed
- Bachelor's Degree
- Finance Background: 8+ years of experience, serving in commercial finance roles of increasing scope and seniority. Relevant corporate FP&A experience preferred (would also consider those who have large segment FP&A experience) at a public company of a similar scale.
- Industry Experience: Experience working for a consumer-products and/or consumer services company AND experience working for an energy company.
- Team and Business Partnership: Ability to work effectively in an organization with a strong emphasis on teamwork and partnership with business counterparties.
- Executive Presence: Ability to work with, communicate and influence all levels of leadership across the organization.
- Relevant corporate FP&A experience preferred (would also consider those who have large segment FP&A experience) at a public company of a similar scale.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills and abilities at all levels are needed.
- Demonstrated financial modeling ability.
- Strong Project management capabilities.
- Mastering visualization tools and data management.
- Open office environment.
- Some overtime is required as special projects arise.
- Minimal travel required.
Why NRG is a great place to work:
- Great company culture!! Voted as a BEST employer by Forbes
- A competitive total compensation package, including annual incentive
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Benefits on the first day of employment - Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short/Long Term Disability, etc.
- Wellness programs
- Company-paid life insurance and disability insurance
- 401 (k) plan to help save for retirement
- Generous PTO plan, plus 8 company holidays, and 3 floating holidays
- Access to numerous training and development opportunities
- Numerous discounts, including electricity discounts on NRG brands
- Business Resource Groups that employees can join. These groups promote inclusion and that every voice matters!
NRG Energy is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. To the extent permitted by law and any applicable collective bargaining agreement, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing. EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability
EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.
Official description on file with Human Resources