Run the World is an all-virtual, progressive firm founded to make an impact on campaigns and organizations that want to change the world. We create cutting-edge digital fundraising and voter engagement programs, as well as provide direct mail fundraising services. Our clients include progressive political campaigns, organizations, and nonprofits across the country. Founded by one of the most successful fundraisers in the country, we have the experience and a proven track record of taking campaigns and turning them into movements.
We are a group of passionate people committed to a set of values that guide the way we work and the difference we want to make in the world. At Run the World, we want to impact the world by also changing the way we work together and build a company that is great to work with and within.
This is a remote position. The Digital Advertising Strategist is a full-time, benefits-eligible position through November 30, 2022.
For more information or to apply online, please visit https://rtwd.workable.com. We will review applications on a rolling basis. No calls, please.
We are seeking a Digital Advertising Strategist to assist the Director of Advertising in all aspects of online advertising for Run the World clients. Produce graphics, copy and analytics for a variety of advertising programs, including both persuasion and acquisition. Ensure smooth communication with the client team and the client.
- Lead the planning, executing and reporting of online acquisition and persuasion campaigns to advance client’s digital goals
- Implement ad concepts for clients including the development of compelling content
- Create ad campaign budget plans and make recommendations to clients, setup campaign budgets in ad platforms, and track budget accounting as campaigns run
- Checklist and load ad campaigns, including monitoring immediate and long term performance
- Launch and monitor campaigns across self-served media partners like Facebook and Google, as well as managed partners. Optimize campaigns daily to meet client goals.
- Use project management tools and other technologies to manage workflow between the Ads Department and the client teams
- Compile internal reports that measure marketing objectives, including cost and fundraising ROI. Translate internal numbers and reporting into clear client-facing reporting that helps tell a story to the client, and allows them to understand decisions at hand
- Report results to the Director of Advertising and the Client Teams
- Analyze results across clients to spot trends and themes, report to Director of Advertising and President, Digital Division for sharing across teams
- As ads perform, work with Director of Advertising to communicate to clients next steps, including strategic investments and further testing
Candidates for the Advertising Strategist must have:
- 2-4 years experience managing advertising programs for political campaigns or advocacy organizations
- Strong writing skills
- The ability to juggle multiple projects at one time with an extreme attention to detail
- The ability to work independently, responsibly, and with accountability from home
- Passion to elect progressive candidates to office and advance progressive causes
- Experience tracking and managing project budgets
- An understanding of Facebook, Google, and other emerging advertising platforms is a plus
Additionally, we would prefer candidates who have:
- Advanced skills with spreadsheets
- Familiarity with data automation tools and platforms
- Experience with Google Data Studio
- Experience with animation and graphics built for video
Think you’re the right person? Here’s one final checklist. Do you:
- Thrive in an environment with lots of moving parts?
- Flourish when given a tough task that requires a creative solution?
- Adapt and remain flexible when things constantly change?
- Have the passion to make the world a better place?
Location and Travel:
This is a permanently remote position. Candidates must be able to work from home and feel comfortable frequently engaging with colleagues and partners by phone, video conference, email, and other digital communications tools. This position requires occasional travel.
Salary range is $50,000 - $60,000. Run the World provides:
- 100% Work from home
- Competitive health care coverage
- 401(k) program
- Yearly technology stipend
- Monthly mobile phone stipend
- Yearly hobby stipend
- Generous vacation and wellness leave
- 12 Paid holidays per year plus your birthday
- 6 Weeks paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional development opportunities
Nondiscrimination Policy & Diversity Commitment:
Run the World is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we take our commitment to building a better workplace seriously. We are committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all employees and applicants and a work environment in which everyone is treated with respect and dignity. It is our policy to be inclusive, seek and employ the most diverse and qualified personnel in all positions, to provide equal opportunity for advancement to all employees, including with regard to recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotion, training, discipline and termination, and to administer these activities in a manner that will not discriminate against or give preference to any person because of race, color, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, national origin, disability, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, pregnancy, military or veteran status or arrest or conviction record, or any other discriminatory basis prohibited by applicable local, state and federal law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.