WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a global leader in Engineering, Architecture and Consulting professionals dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world’s infrastructure and environmental challenges. Supported by more than 6,000 employees in 90 offices worldwide, we provide a full continuum of life-cycle engineering consulting, specialized global construction, base operations, Green Infrastructure, security management and intelligence solutions.
Michael Baker is actively seeking a CADD Designer to join our Katy, TX office as part of our Team. The CADD Designer will work with our engineering team to develop civil drawings from equipment, engineering notes, sketches, and/or detailed drawings to ensure each design meets with the client is looking for.
- Utilize a CAD workstation to prepare engineering drawings consisting of standard arrangements, flow sheets, layouts, assemblies, isometrics, and etc.
- Work with our engineering teams in developing preliminary and final design plans and details
- Participate in design reviews to evaluate design concepts and make recommendations
- Use technical manuals to ensure compliance with company policies and applicable standards and costs such as the one employed by TxDOT.
- Ensure compliance with required design safety factors, tolerances, and specifications.
- Compile data and perform dimensional and routine calculations required for the preparations of drawings.
- Read and understand orthographic (2D) and/or isometric (3D) designs.
- Producing documents with MS Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Follow company’s CAD Standards and work with DOT Standards, when applicable
- 8 years’ experience in CAD production and Design in support of transportation projects.
- Associate Degree preferred
- General knowledge of engineering principles
- Proficiency in MicroStation and AutoCAD required
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
- Basic knowledge of 3D modeling a plus
- The ability to clearly communicate and collaborate with Engineers and Designers
- Critical thinking skills necessary with the ability to plan and conceptualize
- Capable of recognizing conflicts and discrepancies with strong attention to detail
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.