Come join a team where People make the difference! As a part of Marmon Holdings, Inc., a highly decentralized organization, we rely heavily on people with the aptitude, attitude, and entrepreneurial spirit to drive our success, and we're committed to attracting and retaining top talent.
Cannon Equipment is on the move. In fact, we say that Cannon delivers products to people. We have an opportunity for a Design Engineer for Key Accounts to lead the innovation, development, and design for material handling and conveyance products for our key customers. As a part of Marmon Holdings, Inc., a highly decentralized organization, we rely heavily on people with the aptitude, attitude, and ambitious spirit to drive our success, and we're committed to attracting and retaining top talent. This Design Engineer is responsible for product development and design with a strong emphasis on design for manufacturability and innovation. The successful candidate will be part of a team that designs, tests and reviews new material handling, conveyance and sortation products to the Retail, Logistics and Manufacturing segments. The Design Engineer will participate in continuous improvement of products and processes as well as activities focused on our business priorities of safety, quality, and delivery (timeliness). The candidate will also spend ample time in the field and be customer facing in order build an enduring value to our key clients. This position is preferred to be located in our Minnesota facility, may consider remote.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required, Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology Bachelor of Science preferred.
- Proficiency in Auto Deck Inventor.
- Experience with material handling processes and/or alternative materials (plastics, metals)
- Familiar with estimating manufacturing cost, determining time standards and makes recommendations for tooling and process requirements of new or existing product lines.
- Experience in Product Life Cycle Management System, Proficiency in MS Office suite with emphasis on Outlook, Word, and Excel.