We are looking for a Dental Assistant in Friendswood, Texas to assist our clinical team by providing a high level of patient care and satisfaction while operating in a team-based environment. This person will handle a variety of clinical duties for dental office operations that range in complexity and skill with plenty of room to learn and grow. All aspects of the job require an exceptional level of customer service and communication skills.
- Prepares treatment room for patient by following prescribed procedures and protocols.
- Prepares patient for dental treatment by welcoming, comforting, seating, and draping patient.
- Provides information to patients and employees by answering questions and requests.
- Provides instrumentation by sterilizing and delivering instruments to treatment area; positioning instruments for dentist's access; suctioning; passing instruments.
- Provides materials by selecting, mixing, and placing materials on instruments and in the patient's mouth.
- Provides diagnostic information by exposing and developing radiographic studies, pouring, trimming, and polishing study casts.
- Maintains patient appearance and ability to masticate by fabricating temporary restorations; cleaning and polishing removable appliances.
- Helps dentist manage dental and medical emergencies by maintaining CPR certification, emergency drug and oxygen supply, and emergency telephone directory.
- Educates patients by giving oral hygiene, plaque control, and postoperative instructions.
- Documents dental care services by charting in patient records.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Conserves dental resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- X-ray license
- Experience working as a Dental Assistant, or training from a formal Dental Assistant program
At DCA we dont just accept differences we celebrate them and recognize the value this brings to our patients and employees. DCA is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.
The DCA team is best characterized by the relationships we have with our patients and each other. We embrace collaboration which is necessary to innovate in todays changing world of dentistry . Our culture encourages participation, diversity of thought, innovation, and strong execution.Go further with an Ally