Applications Accepted From: ALL PERSONS INTERESTED
Division: Health Center & Multi-Service Center Operations
Section: Bureau of Oral Health
Workdays & Hours: M-F, 8 a.m.- 5 p.m. & Tuesday-Friday (7am-4pm)*
*Subject to change*
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The Houston Health Department has an exciting opportunity for a licensed Dental Assistant to provide basic assistance to the dentist and perform routine clerical work in a dental clinic.
- Provides registration and clerical support, performs x-rays, sterilization and chairside assistance
- Performs Infection Control procedures
- Participates in community outreach
- Participates and implements Quality Assurance and Improvement Projects for the work area
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
The position occasionally requires stooping or bending. Occasional very light lifting, such as three or four reams of papers or books (up to 20 pounds or an equivalent weight) may be required.