Are you an impatient person but reasonably proactive once you are an expert in a subject matter? Are you driven to be accurate and will correct others on "how it should be" if they are remotely off in their comments? When given new areas to research, do you become restless in the pursuit of factual information? Are you so skeptical that you have to be shown the resource to find it believable? Do others become frustrated with you because of your "prove it" mindset? Is your communication style more informative and factual than social? Do you have a fear of failing or being wrong? Is it easier to be safe than sorry for you? Do you like being the resident expert in matters that you are very familiar with? Do you feel like you would rather just do things yourself because no one can do it better than you?
If this sounds like you, then we need to talk...
Frazer, a leading builder of emergency medical vehicles, is currently seeking a Delivery Truck Driver to join our team. The Delivery Truck Driver at Frazer reports to the Supply Chain Manager, and is responsible for running local errands, shuttling customers to/from the airport, handling parts pick-ups, deliveries, and in-town customer unit deliveries and/or pick-ups. Periodically deliver out of town customer units and/or pick-ups. Demonstrates a commitment to customer service, internally and externally. Represents our company in a professional and respective manner aiming to meet customer satisfaction.
What Does a Week in the Life of the Delivery Truck Driver Look Like?
- Performs non-emergency driving of ambulances.
- Deliver pre delivery ambulances to Shops for wheel alignment, muffler install, and state inspections.
- Delivery and pick up of ambulance units that need warranty work done at the Dealerships.
- Pick up customers from the airport and transport the customers to and from the facility.
- Pick up parts from local stores as needed for purchasing, maintenance needs, or office supplies. May need to make decisions on where to find parts or pick alternative parts that are suitable for the need.
- Support service departments local customer vehicle deliveries and pickups.
- Inspects truck equipment and supplies, such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water.
- Secure cargo on company trucks during transit to and from the Plant.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Process monthly expense reports timely.
- Observes and follows safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Work with the sales team to schedule customer pickups and deliveries for ambulances.
- Request quotes for pickups and deliveries of ambulances to customers from approved transportation companies.
- Any other projects assigned by department lead or manager.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma.
- Good driving record and a current, valid state driver license.
- Ability to drive an Ambulance that has capacity of up to two (2) tons or less.
- Ability to read, write, comprehend, and verbally communicate simple instructions, short correspondence and memos in English.
- Knowledgeable of basic automotive maintenance procedures.
- Must have knowledge of Motor Vehicle Regulations.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- CDL is preferred but not a requirement.
- Delivery driver experience.
What's it like to be a part of the Frazer Family?
Frazer is a fast-paced company that is creating some of the most innovative vehicles in the world. You'll find a unique team of individuals who continue to push the boundaries of what is possible in the Healthcare and EMS space. A diverse team, a great culture, and a positive work environment are just some of the things that make working at Frazer so rewarding.
What Kind of Employees Thrive at Frazer?
Frazer is a company with a diverse group of employees from all over the world. Frazer welcomes employees with all types of backgrounds, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds. If you are hard working, honest and drug-free, you will love working at Frazer.
Safety & Drug Policy
Employee health and safety is a priority here at Frazer. We're committed to providing a safe, secure and productive environment for our Frazer family.
To help with this, we perform thorough background checks during the hiring process for all candidates. Convictions will not disqualify you from employment at Frazer, but failure to tell us about it up front will. Also, Frazer has a zero tolerance drug use policy and you must pass a pre-employment drug screen. If you can't pass it, we're not the place for you.
A True Culture
Frazer is a company that relies on its core values and the drive of its people. With a focus on longevity and employee success, Frazer welcomes its employees to push the envelope and drive improvement across all aspects of the company. At Frazer, you can unleash your potential!
Employee Driven Benefits
At Frazer, we take pride in listening to what our employees want in benefits. We've come up with a unique set of employee benefits and designed them around our culture.
- Weekly paycheck, so you can shop every Friday!
- Health Care Insurance (100% paid for by the company for all employees)
- Dental Benefit options
- 401k plan with a company match!
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off that begins accruing your first day of employment
- Eight paid company holidays and ability to take time off during company shut down from Christmas to New Year's Day!
- The "Company Kitchen" on site for lunch and snack choices
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Professional development and skills training
- Free Life Skills Training such as financial wellness classes
How Performance is Evaluated
Communication and collaboration are key at Frazer and we encourage an environment filled with positive feedback and constructive criticism, to unleash your potential for real professional growth! We use things like self-evaluations, group reviews, and quarterly check-ins to help define a clear path to success. You will also have an opportunity to give feedback to peers to help them to grow in their roles as well.
Skills (to Pay the Bills)
Here's a list of a few competencies that the Delivery Truck Driver at Frazer should have...
- Friendly, team player
- Process rather than people oriented
- Somewhat detail oriented
- Basic computer skills
- Fast paced (moderately impatient)
- More logical than emotional in decision making
- Meets quality and time standards established
- Adaptability to frequent change in tasks, procedures, or working conditions.
Also, here are a few software packages that the Delivery Truck Driverwould eventually need to be versed in. Don't worry . . . we expect some on-the-job training.
- Google G-Suite (Gmail, Documents, Drive, Spreadsheets, etc.)
- Kronos (HRIS)
Oh, and $alary
Of course, we didn't forget salary... Frazer offers competitive pay and this role will start with a salary between $18.50 - $27.00 per hour depending on education, certifications, and experience.
The Delivery Truck Driver will work Monday-Friday 7:00AM - 3:30PM with overtime or weekend work as needed. Work schedules may change to accommodate production needs.
If this sounds like a great opportunity to you, visit our website to complete the following steps:
- Online application
- Resume and optional cover letter
- Culture Index Survey - as part of our process, please take this short survey (5-12 minutes to complete) on a computer, tablet, or laptop NOT a smart phone. It does not always function properly on smart phones and is difficult to see. Also, please take the survey in your native/first language (there are multiple choices besides English in the drop down menu if needed).
Culture Index Survey Link
Thanks again for your interest in Frazer. Should your skills and qualifications meet those of the position, we will contact you further. Please check your email for further application status updates.
We look forward to hearing from you!