Extraordinary Care. Extraordinary Careers.
With the nation’s largest home infusion provider, there is no limit to the growth of your career.
Option Care Health, Inc. is the largest independent home and alternate site infusion services provider in the United States. With over 6,000 team members including 2,900 clinicians, we work compassionately to elevate standards of care for patients with acute and chronic conditions in all 50 states. Through our clinical leadership, expertise and national scale, Option Care Health is re-imagining the infusion care experience for patients, customers and employees.
At Option Care Health we recognize that part of being extraordinary is supporting and building a workforce that is as diverse as the patients and communities we serve.
Join a company that is taking action to develop a culture that is more inclusive, respectful, engaging and rewarding for all team members. We are committed to hiring, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
Job Description Summary:
This position compiles ordered pharmaceuticals, supplies and equipment and delivers ordered products to patients' homes in an accurate, courteous and timely manner. Ensures a smooth flow of activities related to deliveries, maintenance of supplies, pick up following discharge, rotating of patient supplies and drugs, cleaning and maintaining equipment and appropriated documentation.
- Maintains delivery vehicle to include cleaning, inspecting and scheduling needed service as well as maintaining back-up supplies for on-call supply calls.
- Operates the vehicle in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Ensures full adherence to policies and procedures, including maintenance of accurate and complete records in compliance with federal and state regulations (e.g. FDA, DOT, OSHA) regarding the transport and handling of hazardous and biohazardous materials.
- Accurately compiles ordered medication, supplies, equipment and associated documentation in preparation for delivery; obtains cross-check to ensure accuracy of compiled order. Identifies and reports potential inventory/delivery problems to supervisor and initiates actions to resolve.
- Organizes delivery routing to meet therapy and patient schedules while maximizing cost-efficiency. Communicates with dispatch regarding status of delivery route. Completes all documentation required for delivery of supplies and products. Ensures delivery tickets are signed and dated properly.
- Discreetly delivers and/or picks up medications, supplies and equipment to/from patients' homes and other locations as needed. Delivers controlled substances in a safe and accountable manner.
- Stores/packages medications, supplies and equipment appropriately to preserve product integrity and driver safety during transport. Stores medications appropriately in the home and removes outdated items. Assists patients with the set-up of their equipment and supplies.
- Orders, receives and maintains pharmacy supplies within established pars, rotates supply inventories so that products with oldest expiration dates are used first.
- Participate in pump management with current pump distributor including receiving and tracking infusion pumps per policy. Uses Onetrack system to manage infusion pumps and assure that preventative maintenance schedule is current. Cleans and calibrates infusion pumps and poles per manufacturer guidelines.
- Performs on-call responsibilities as scheduled per department requirements.
- Assists in orienting new warehouse team members.
- The employee may be required to frequently push/pull 10lbs or less and occasionally push/pull up to 160 lbs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? No.
(i.e. hiring, recommending/approving promotions and pay increases, scheduling, performance reviews, discipline, etc.)
BASIC EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Must be able to assume a flexible work schedule and have the ability to travel in assigned territory as needed.
- Must have valid driver’s license and maintain a driving record which meets company’s standards and must have auto insurance in effect at all times.
Knowledge of geography serviced by the Pharmacy, traffic patterns and drive times.
Detailed understanding of delivery time commitments.
Knowledge of accreditation standards and requirement.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret operational logistics functions appropriate to duties and responsibilities assigned. Ability to operate information systems, follow policy, complete required forms, and prepare reports.
Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
Ability to identify problems, collect data, establish facts and contribute toward valid conclusions.
Ability to travel in assigned territory as needed.
Healthcare experience preferred
Option Care Health subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, making employment available without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status according to the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.