Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Optum 360's Business Intelligence Analytics team is looking for an innovative individual with technical and interpersonal skills to support our vision of taking our organization to the next level by providing effective and actionable insights through implementation of AI models and advanced analytics.
In this role you will be working alongside stakeholders, leadership, and a team of data scientists and engineers to develop innovative solutions and predictive and analytical models such as denials prediction model, risk based account scoring model, propensity to pay model to modernize revenue cycle and improve efficiency.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand business needs and use case requirements
- work with business partners to define and document business and technical requirements for data and analytics projects
- participate in the development of innovative solutions to solve complex problems
- Perform exploratory data analysis to lead/assist with Advanced Analytics model development
- Testing, deployment, and maintenance of existing models
- Perform ad-hoc analyses as required
- Effectively communicate complex technical results to business partners
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree in any of the quantitative/technical fields (Math, Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics or Economics)
- 3+ years of professional experience in advanced data analysis OR a Master’s degree plus 1 year of professional experience in advanced data analysis to include:
- Experience using data mining / data analysis methods, building and implementing models
- Experience with supervised and unsupervised machine learning
- Experience with model validation, testing, and communication
- Experience with languages like Python, R, Scala, or Spark
- Experience with ML frameworks like scikit-learn, Tensorflow, Keras, pandas, etc.
- Experience with big data frameworks like Hadoop and Hive
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience with requirements analysis
- Master’s degree
- Health care industry experience/revenue cycle experience
- Ability to analyze data, drive to root cause issue, identify trends, problem solve and provide key recommendations based on analysis
Health care isn't just changing. It's growing more complex every day. ICD10 replaces ICD9. Affordable Care adds new challenges and financial constraints. Where does it all lead? Hospitals and health care organizations continue to adapt, and we are a vital part of their evolution. And that's what fueled these exciting new opportunities. Optum360 is a dynamic new partnership formed by Dignity Health and Optum to combine our unique expertise. As part of the growing family of UnitedHealth Group, we'll leverage all our resources to bring financial clarity and a full suite of revenue management services to health care providers nationwide. If you're looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary/hourly range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drugfree workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Data Scientist, Optum360, Data Analyst, Telecommute, Remote, Work From Home, Eden Prairie, Minnesota, MN, United States, Work At Home, Remote, Work From Home, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting