We have an exciting opportunity for a Data Science Engineer who will work with Data Scientists to develop algorithms, conduct testing to support model operations, as well as maintain data pipelines and architectures for various analytical models and solutions.
This long-term contract position (possibility of direct hire for the right individual) offers a pay rate of $35-$43/hour based on experience (benefits are available).
The ideal candidate should be highly skilled in all aspects of data engineering, including extraction, modeling, and analysis. Additionally, S/he should be committed to continued innovation and delivering impactful analytic solutions.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify, design, and implement process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing algorithms for greater scalability, etc.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and sustaining analytic products.
- Evaluate source-to-target mappings and information-model specification documents for data sets.
- Work directly with management and users to gather requirements, provide status updates, and build relationships.
- Evaluate internal systems for efficiency, problems, and inaccuracies, developing and maintaining protocols for handling, processing, and cleaning data.
- Work closely with Product Management to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value or ROI.
- Contributes to prioritization processes and development cycles leveraging an Agile framework.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Social Science, Statistics, Data Science, Data Analytics, or Market Research.
- 2-4 years of experience in similar roles as an ETL developer (preferably cloud-based technologies).
- Strong understanding of Database and SQL (Relational, No-SQL).
- Experience with Python, ML & Python libraries, and Jupyter notebooks.
- Experience with Agile software development methodology.
- Demonstrated experience with extraction, loading, and transformation via Matillion, and the Informatica toolsets.
- Experience in developing and maintaining cloud technolog is desired (Snowflake and AWS preferred)
- Experience with DevOps tools such as Git, JIRA, and Confluence
- Familiarity with Data Science predictive/prescriptive statistical modeling, deployment and maintenance.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations, or Other Requirements:
- AWS or Snowflake certifications are a plus
Other Knowledge, Skills, or Abilities Required:
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to work with users, peers, and management.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to successfully execute projects.
- Highly motivated, self-starter with problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multitask and meet aggressive deadlines efficiently and effectively.
- Detail-oriented but does not lose sight of the big picture.
- Demonstrate ability to learn and understand business processes quickly.
Work Environment: Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds occasionally;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) rare;
- Required to be exposed to a physical environment that involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes, or similar elements rare;
- The normal setting for this job is: an office setting
- provided by Dice