Job Title: Data Scientist
Location: Houston, Texas
Type of Role: Contract
The Global Edge is an award-winning recruitment agency connecting projects worldwide with the industry’s most talented project professionals. Our team is currently recruiting for a Data Scientist. The Data Science Team focuses on Artificial Intelligence (AI) with the overall goal of building powerful deep learning models. Data Scientist is expected to create innovative technologies through working on a diverse and stimulating range of projects, including development of various types of deep neural networks for prototype applications, and scale of deployable AI solutions to be embedded into commercial platforms for subsurface characterizations.
Data Scientists to collaborate with Geophysicists, Geologists, and Engineers from all disciplines within the exploration organization. This role is responsible for leading to reach ambitious creativity and the scope of creative breakthroughs for geophysical and geologic workflows through the integration of deep-learning approaches.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Software development for Petrel plug-in with integration of deep learning models for geoscience applications
- Develop standardized code for handling various datasets, including seismic, well log, drilling data, etc.
- Automate deep learning workflows applied to seismic interpretation, inversion, drilling, and well logs.
- Develop code for enhancing subsurface data quality to improve deep learning performance
- Develop tools for subsurface data visualization and processing in expediting deep learning workflows
- Provide innovative solutions to increase workflow efficiencies in areas where elements could be optimized and improved through artificial intelligence including but not limited to:
- Automation of traditional workflows in the exploration activities
- Reduction of cycle times and improvement of the precision for subsurface interpretations and reservoir quality
- Enhancement of imaging quality of seismic data
- Better leverage of various types of data
- Work collaboratively with Data Scientists and Geoscientists in applying developed algorithms to solve challenging and high impact problems within the exploration and production domains Manage quality function within established budgetary guidelines.
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS):
- Familiar with Petrel software development
- Experience in working with geophysical and petrophysical data sets
- Experience in developing web apps or API backend in using Django, Flask, or others
- Experience in the AI domains that have been applied to the fields in computer vision or natural language processing
- Python programming skills and familiar with one of deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow or PyTorch
- Experience in developing and automating data science pipelines
- Understanding of latest neural network architectures such as convolutional neural networks, generative models, recurrent neural networks, etc.
- Master’s Degree and/or PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering,
- Geophysics, or related quantitative fields
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills along with the ability to work in a dynamic, and product-oriented team
- Capable of self-organized and self-motivated, play well with others, and willingness to learn from and teach others
- Real passion to work with domain experts and solve hard problems
- Enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment
All The Global Edge Consultants, LLC employment related practices provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.